LegacyGT.com

Need manual for Prosport AFR gauge

BDII

From their FAQ page (http://prosportgauges.com/faqs.aspx):

Q: I lost my instructions how do I wire the performance Series gauge?

A: Black –Ground

Red - 12v ign. power-meaning power when the ignition is on.

White- 12v ign. power

Orange-Headlight switch.

Green - Sender

The above/below wiring will result in white during the day and color (amber or Green) at night.

Looks like it hooks up the same as my boost gauge did. The white and orange wires control the lighting of the gauge (white for white light, orange for amber). Whichever one you hook up to the 12v power (same wire you connect the red wire to) will be what color the gauge is with the headlights off. If you want the gauge a different color when the headlights are turned on, then you can connect the other wire to one of the Accessory Illumination wires behind the dash (pretty much any purple wire back there). The green wire on my boost gauge connects to the white wire on the boost sensor. Not sure if that's the same for the AFR sensor or not.

The white wire connected to the 12v power will make the gauge white. It's close to the white gauges in the instrument cluster, but my boost gauge is not a perfect match. My prosport gauge has a little bit more blue in it than the stock gauges do.

I left the orange and white wire disconnected, because I thought the default red gauge matched the stock gauges with the headlights on better. The white was a bit to bright for my liking. I just tested the gauge on a power source first to see what colors I liked most before installing mine. Also the orange wire gave me a orange gauge

I didnt end up installing it. I was told the blue wire on the rear 02 will pull the signal and I should tap it there. Might want to drop prosport a email also for suggestions. Also the gauge will only read accurate at WOT, so from normal driving conditions you will see it moving lean to rich so you know.

• 3 years later...
I didnt end up installing it. I was told the blue wire on the rear 02 will pull the signal and I should tap it there. Might want to drop prosport a email also for suggestions. Also the gauge will only read accurate at WOT, so from normal driving conditions you will see it moving lean to rich so you know.

is there anyway around this?

Archived