LegacyGT.com

performance questions for the 2.5i

Your best (maybe 'only' at this point) route is to go custom exhaust..

Anything over 2.5" will likely cause power to suffer. 2.25" is recommended for NA stg 1-2, 2.5" is recommended for NA stg 3(cams & the P6) & turbo kits, & 3" is not good..

That was the case with my 2.5RS. Someone plz correct me if I'm wrong..

id actually like to see some 2.5i dyno plots for this actually. its been debated all over the place on alot of site but i know for a fact that one of my 240sx with a ka24de w/ 3" ebay catback gained throughout the power in hp and torque without loosing anything in the lower end. i forgot what the exact numbers were but i wanna say max gain was like 8hp and 12ft. lbs., fairly similar as it was a 2.4L as opposed to our 2.5. i know it might be a little different with the mile long exhaust manifold piping we have but, still would be interesting none the less. i think there is someone on nico that actually has his plots of his ka24e and a 3" catback with similar results to mine on my dohc.

i dont think that hks hiper is broken in yet. on my 02 wrx after the mufflers were broken in and the baffeling shifted and set in the damn thing was so raspy i hated it and replaced it with a nur spec and i loved it!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived