LegacyGT.com

Please Help!

basbal241b

I guess this could have been in a general forum but oh well here is goes. I just put an in-dash dvd player in my 05 impreza RS....does anyone know how to beat the safety feature that only allows you to watch DVD's while the car is in park :confused:??? Im not a beginner...but im not even close to an expert so please keep it as simple as possible. Thanks in advance.

I guess this could have been in a general forum but oh well here is goes. I just put an in-dash dvd player in my 05 impreza RS....does anyone know how to beat the safety feature that only allows you to watch DVD's while the car is in park :confused:??? Im not a beginner...but im not even close to an expert so please keep it as simple as possible. Thanks in advance.

Keep it that way. Seriously.. you'd get so distracted with a DVD going while driving it's not even funny. Even if you just have the audio going... I'm sorry but a driver needs to focus on the road.

How does it know the car is in park?? Figure that out and disable it!

Most DVD players are meant to be wired to the parking brake switch, which is usually a switched ground or switched +12V. So in those cases, you can just connect the safety lead to constant ground or constant +12V, whichever applies.

Drive safely!

Craig

Archived