LegacyGT.com

UKDM Solberg Edition shift knob installed

PGT

Hi all - I just got my package in today and put the new knob on. It looks fantastic....much better than I expected. It has a nice, satin finish which complements the interior well.

Overall, it gives the shift action a lighter feel, due to the size and lighter weight than the stock knob. I have the STi STS installed and really like the combo now.

The knob looks identical to the WR edition some people have gotten from KoI, but might be a bit smaller (a good thing IMHO), minus the blue Subaru sticker. It is a bit smaller than the OEM Momo knob, for comparison. It is also about 1 - 1.5 inches shorter than the stock knob.

Still, I would like the whole STS and knob to be a bit shorter - there is room to take an inch off the top of the shift rod, but I would have to tap new threads down the shaft as the new knob doesn't thread all the way to the top. Doable, but not sure if it is worth the effort - the height seems a good match to the position provided by the armrest extension.

I sent an email to the vendor who sold it to me to see how much stock they have - if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. If there are quantities available, I might try to do a group buy to save us all on shipping, but would need to know how many are interested vs. how many are available. Otherwise, I will post up their info if you want to do a normal purchase (which costs alot more due to the shipping costs).

-Dan

DSCN3223.JPG.b16dea5c0984ed3a07a7b33254847539.JPG

Looks really good, nice match. I would be interested in buying one if we could do a group buy to bring the price down. Sudydude.com has the shift knob for $150. including shipping.:lol:

Thanks. Like I said, I was pleasantly surprised. It was hard to tell from the pic I saw....thought it was something specific to the UK. It has the same shape and look as the WR knob.

Let's just say we could get a couple of knobs each at that price. I will let you know what the scoop is on more stock (it was a clearance type item).

Got an email back. They can get as many as we want. Should we organize a GB??? We definitely will get a better deal that way. I asked for Qty 5, 10, and 20 pricing with shipping to me.

Archived