LegacyGT.com

LGT totaled in the bronx but family still alive!

If they total it, they will offer you a settlement price (which you don't have to accept), they own the car. At that point you can discuss buying it back from them.

If you have a good sense of what the true cost to repair will be AND you are a good negotiator, you can end up with a good deal. Just like when buying a car, they do this all the time, you probably don't, so they have a distinct advantage.

Merry Christmas

since i was rear ended the libality is on the other guys insurance. i have full coverage of course and already made a claim with my insurance. if it is totaled will the offer come from my company or the person that hit me? my guess is since im negotiating with mine they are gonna try to settle in their intrests. what method should i use to determine the best value for me ?

since i was rear ended the libality is on the other guys insurance. i have full coverage of course and already made a claim with my insurance. if it is totaled will the offer come from my company or the person that hit me? my guess is since im negotiating with mine they are gonna try to settle in their intrests. what method should i use to determine the best value for me ?

Go to KBB.com (kelly blue book) or edmunds.com. And then add 5% for the inconvenience. Sorry about your accident, but I am glad that you and your family are OK. My friend had his car totaled and he got a really good settlement from Farmer's insurance. They should also give you extra money for other expenses that one occurs at a time like this. They will probably also drop your insurance policy unfortunately. Just get a plan with Progressive.com. Maybe not, but likely.

you might get the car back.

As for buying the car back some of the insurance companies won't allow that in order to avoid fraud. When my integra was stolen i was able to buy it back and repiece it toghether. the car cost $3500, damages/stolen parts $5000, i was able to buy it back for $500 and buy the parts for another $600 from junk yards. Recertifying the car was a pain in the ass, since all the parts needed an invoice with the vin # of the car they came off so the ohio DMV would check against the database of stolen cars.

Wow glad your OK.

I'm amazed at how much damage the Corolla has while the front of your car looks great.

My wife was hit in the exact same spot you were by a Ford Econoline van. Her damage was equal or worse than yours since she was driving a Corolla. Unfortunatly we got the car back a month later. They had to torch the rear of her car off and replace it.

Needless to say we unloaded that car soon after for an 06 Outback.;)

NYDS - Glad to read that you're OK, and that your LGT kept you safe.

Glad you're ok. Unbelievable when you see people do stuff like that.

At least you didn't end up like this .... http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/14915429/detail.html :(

This story made me a little sick. T-boned by a tractor trailer, that was probably in the wrong lane from the sounds of it. I had one nearly force me off the road this morning. Do they let any moron drive one these days?

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

the adjuster comes out tomorrow. ill see what happens. in the meanwhile i rented a 3.8 cadalic cts for a week or 2 . at a base price of 32k its got auto 17 " wheels , triptronic shifter, no roof , bose system , on star, xm radio leather seats . this car is a blast to drive. true no awd but ill test it out tomorrrow if it snows tonight. it pulls very hard from a stop. it may be close between this and a specb.

im definatly lookning at all subies . although the lgt is a great car its tight in the cabin and the cargo is limited. the o8 do have folddown rear seats which makes a big diffrence. the pass through space is not as wide as the actual seat width but its better than the arm rest pass through.

the caddy cts is a great summer car ...MT car of the year , but AWD is additional .

and more $$$

Archived