LegacyGT.com

Royal Purple, Burning smell.

Alright well i had been using Redline motor oil however, i decided that since i had to order the stuff online, it was simply to much of a hassle.

I decided to switch to its main competitor Royal Purple which can be found locally.

I went to the Subaru dealer to have an oil change and on my way out a reved up the engine a few times and got a burning smell coming from the engine. when i got home i smelled the hood intake and got the burning smell again.

What could this be? Is it the oil or did they just spill some somewhere

I love my car ... basically.

well i would look in obvious spots. Around the dip stick. the oil cap. anyplace some oil could have dripped to cause it to burn off. check that first. I have had the car stink for a couple of days after a oil change sometimes. little drips happen.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

• 2 years later...
Alright well i had been using Redline motor oil however, i decided that since i had to order the stuff online, it was simply to much of a hassle.

I decided to switch to its main competitor Royal Purple which can be found locally.

I went to the Subaru dealer to have an oil change and on my way out a reved up the engine a few times and got a burning smell coming from the engine. when i got home i smelled the hood intake and got the burning smell again.

What could this be? Is it the oil or did they just spill some somewhere

they definitely dropped some oil on your exhaust pipe, that's why, dont worry. I ran RP on all of my 3 cars, nothing happen :)

Archived