LegacyGT.com

Lancer Ralliart Information - WRX killer?

a lot of options for the new ralliart lancer.........

practically all the main things u want from the evo is on it......... that is crazy.

+1. I'm really surprised that the whole S-AWD system and the SST would be dropped into the Ralliart. SST is not even available to the GSR but it's an option for a model a step down? :confused: It's really too bad the 5-door won't be available in the USDM. :mad: Maybe Mitsu will change it's mind later. I think the WRX wagon vs sedan sales number would probably sway Mitsu one way or the other. I have a feeling the 5MT Ralliart is going to be the new darling of tuner world.

The Brits still get the better Evos like the FQ-330 and FQ-360. 330 and 360 are the horsepower ratings.

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2501/

Looks like the 4b11 is good for at least 360 hp with the stock turbo. As expected the tuners are going to have problem with the SST, both the 330 and 360 are 5MT only.

I suspect the SST just isn't designed for high output engines. The same is said for Audi's DSG since it isn't available for any of the fast cars.

I don't think power is the main problem. SST utilizes pretty sophisticated logic to determine rev matching, shift point, how much clamping force to use, etc. These parameters are all calibrated based on an engine with stock power, torque and boost profile. The tuners would have to caliber the SST to match the new engine power delivery, which I suspect is a difficult task.

Archived