LegacyGT.com

How much do brakes for a LGT cost?

godwhomismike

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duralast are fine. I have used them and the wearever parts on other vehicles that needed brakes. Never had an issue with them. Would usually put another 20k on before I would get rid of the car. Not performance pads.

That price sounds reasonable. You should be able to get pads and flush for $100. Make sure they don't slam you with extra fees.

I'll probably get the Durulast - heck they only gotta last me a maximum of 8000 miles or until August - whatever comes first. :) I don't wanna spend several hundred on a car, which won't even be mine come late August.

Im taking off my hawk ceramic pads in a couple of weeks to install hps hawk pads. I only ran the ceramics for about 4,000miles, so most of the pad is still left. If you want them pm me and we could work out something.

I need to have them installed by next Wednesday tops. Probably not going to go with a performance pad, since the next 3 months, I'll be driving in extreme cold temps. I'll have the car in the mountains from the 28th to the 4th, where I'll be driving for 7 days in temps in the teens or lower.

ok Autozone has them very cheap for non-metallic pads:

Duralast Brake Pads - Front: (MKD1078) $29.99

Duralast Gold Brake Pads - Rear: (DG1114) $32.99

I am going to go with the "better" front pads:

Duralast Gold Brake Pads - Front: (DG1078) $41.99

Duralast Gold Brake Pads - Rear: (DG1114) $32.99

Srsly, you can do them. They literally take 15 minutes to do both sides.

As long as you don't have warped or otherwise damaged rotors, I'd say pass on getting them turned.

But thats just me.

My brother and uncle (mechanic) took a look at the rotors and brakes. The rotors all look fine, but the brakes need to be done from and back. If my brother has some free time on Thursday, he said he'd do them, otherwise, I will do them next Wednesday when I am off.

My brother and uncle (mechanic) took a look at the rotors and brakes. The rotors all look fine, but the brakes need to be done from and back. If my brother has some free time on Thursday, he said he'd do them, otherwise, I will do them next Wednesday when I am off.

If you're not into the wear indicators yet, then I wouldn't even do the pads...

Screw AutoZone. I'm a manager at a local Advance Auto Parts. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use the pads we sell if you plan to do anything outside of normal driving. They will fade easily due to heat. When I replaced my rear rotors/pads, I went to AutoPart International (who is owned by AAP, but much higher quality parts) to get everything. At my pricing, it was around $160 for everything, using their top of the line ceramic pads.

Bendix brake pads are made by Honeywell, who also owns Garrett (the turbo company). I'd use them on rear prolly. Not bad quality, but I'd still prefer API's.

i didn't read all the post, but the brakes are covered under warranty 3/36k. if your dealer breaks your balls, it may be worth the ride to Metric subaru and talk to dave brown

My car is 41 months old now. :) My dealer told me when the car was still within warranty that the brakes were fine - I learned only 2K miles later when I went for State Inspection that they were borderline passing.

The LGT pads were very different than the OEM pads that were on my car - they would've never fit. The Outback pads were identical to the pads that were on the rear of my car. I gtg now and return the autozone rear pads.

I find it bizarre that Outback pads were in my rear. The LGT pads were from two totally different stores, and both different from what was on my car.

Archived