LegacyGT.com

windshield washer motor...dead?

Beanboy

First time I needed to use it in a while, and it seems dead. No noise, no fluid.

Checked the 30AMP fuse for it, and it is fine. Rear washer works fine, and yes there is fluid in it.

Just to be sure I topped it off. Strange thing happened, level went from a little above the full line to a little below full line after 5 minutes or so.

Weather has been cold, but not super-cold here.

Looks like there are two different motors for the washers, one for front and one for rear, just based on seeing two different fuses.

Any suggestions as to the next step?

Thanks!

Just to be sure I topped it off. Strange thing happened, level went from a little above the full line to a little below full line after 5 minutes or so.

Any suggestions as to the next step?

Thanks!

Sounds like you may have a ripped line or something. Check the tubing from the reservoir out to the washer sprayer while running it. Check in your engine compartment for wet areas?

You know what, now that I think about it...I had the same thing happen, and since it was under warranty at the time, I just took it to the dealer. Turned out that the lines were clogged. That may be your problem also.

Do you remember if you heard the motor kick in or not? Just checked and had somebody hit the switch. No sound/clicking at all from the front pump, rear pump is pretty damn loud when you have your ear down beside it, hehe.

Hoping it might be a clogged line. Both lines feel pressurized down where they leave the tank, but where it pops out up onto the hood, it isn't.

Going FMIC in a few weeks, I'll deal with it then when the bumper skin/bumper is off.

Even if it is a motor, they are only $20 or so from an online place, so not too bad.

Thanks for the post!

Archived