LegacyGT.com

PETROL... who wants some free gasoline!!

Who here has had someone steal gas out of their gas tank while your dead asleep at night? 2 nights now to 2 different cars.... half tank in each. We have 5 cars in the driveway and there is the ford taurus and a grand am that you can open up with your fingers from outside... strangely enough these are the 2 that were so empty they wouldn't even start in the morning. They can thank their god they havn't touched my 05 LGT but they did mess with the winter beaters and stole around 40 dollars in gas so far. I now am watching the bball game in my upstairs hallway next to the window with the lights off with my digital camcorder my baseball bat and the police on speed dial.. at $3.00 + for a gallon of gas now they can go work hard for their own gas! Broken knee caps and a night in jail should fix their little gas stealing fetish.

That sucks.. Good luck with that, I hardly think assault charges (potential felony 1 assault at that) are worth $40 in gas.. In Seattle or any of the burbs the police would take hours to respond to gas theft if and when the even showed up. Now if it was an attempt to break into a house that would be a different story.

I could only dream that I had $3.00 for premium here, we pay about $3.50. Shit my inlaws in Spain and Italy are paying about $6.50 a gallon!!!

Morrisok

So, if you do spot this guy and potentially his accomplices, stealing gas, you are going to threaten them with a bat? You're going to tie them up? What if they are packing? Rule number 1, Never bring a knife to a gun fight!

Sorry dude, but $40 of stolen gas isn't worth getting assaulted or killed over. You spot them, just phone the cops! Getting it on camera might help the case, but do us a favor and don't take the law into your own hands!

well at least they are stealing without damaging anything,here in chi-town,they crawl under your car and puncture the gas tank to fill their containers,so not only do you lose the gas,but have to spend $400+ for a new gas tank-luckily it hasnt happened to me,but I know others that it has happened to,now this would warrant a baseball bat......

Heard this on the radio. This is what one street did when they notice people stealing their gas. They set up a camera to find out who did it. When they found it was one of their neighbors, they went and bought locking gas cap for everyone on the street, including the neighbor who was stealing the gas.

If someone punched a hole in your tank from underneath, couldn't you just patch the tank with a nice weld?

uhhhhh no. it's nearly impossible to weld a used gas tank. even a totally empty tank will have residue that can ignite....

and, i even know a dude who filled his tank with water and tried to weld a seam on top......a minor ka-boom, some messy draws and water everywhere later, i ordered him a new one:)

Eff the baseball bat. Go buy a pump shotgun and let them hear the sound that makes. I will shoot at people. Hell with the camera. that can be submisable in court. you dont want to go to jail do you?

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

You'll be in the clink with them too if you hit em with a bat :lol:

You think? If someone steals your shit you can't defend it? I think not....good luck.

It's the same as someone trying to steal your car.....Beat 'em silly as far as I am concerned.....I live in FL... people will steal your ass blind if you let them!

Rehab is for quitters.

Check your local laws before you decide to take justice into your own hands. I think it's a perfectly moral thing to do, but it may or may not be legal. I would love to read in the news about a couple of theives getting the s**t beat out of them, but I would hate to read about a fellow LGT'er getting jailed or sued as a side-effect.

And if they're better armed than you...

Placing bear traps on the ground near your gas cap could be fun, and there would be very low risk of physical harm to you, but might put you at risk of a civil suit...

I like the camera idea best, especially if you can identify their car.

If someone punched a hole in your tank from underneath, couldn't you just patch the tank with a nice weld?

That would make a great youtube video. Almost as good as the guy with the bottle rocket up his...

Archived