LegacyGT.com

What a stupid problem to have....

05 LGT, so here's the story I'm being told by my wife, it is her car. Scratch that you don't even get the story just the problem, she dropped a small piece of metal about an inch long into the gas tank while trying to fish a small piece of paper towel out. I tried getting it out with an extendable magnet but I have had zero success. First, how big of a deal is this? I think there is some kind of filter before gas enters the tank, my biggest worry is what happens if this thing starts to rust? All opinions are welcome.

Thanks,

Matt:icon_sad:

Haha, you got some issues brother, but I appreciate the effort:rolleyes:

I'm not disagreeing. You should set up a meet with Dennis out in Pitt, good guy :)

Pull the fuel pump see if you can find the metal if no pull the gas tank. Have less than 1/3 a tank of gas when you pull the pump. I would not drive around with it in there.

Now pics of wife please.

^^^ To the OP, ignore his picture comments he ran out of magazines to look at and is in desperate for new material. ;) I hear that 2girls1cup site is still around RC, the fetish should be right up your alley.:p

Actually im jealous I cant pull down the women your PS2 mounted in your car would :rolleyes: Hows that HH2 that getting you laid :confused:

how does someone happen to drop metal in their gas tank?? she wasn't trying to sabotage the leggy to get another ride was she???

surprised my wife hasnt sabatoged my lgt. she hates my car for some reason. could be i just showed up with it. must have been a nice shot to get something small enought to fall right in it

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

how does someone happen to drop metal in their gas tank?? she wasn't trying to sabotage the leggy to get another ride was she???

Haha, no she was worried about a little bit of paper towel that got snagged in there from her wiping out snow and then the tank swallowed up some little metal hook thing she had in her purse that she was using to fish out the towel. BTW, she loves the Leggy, she said she's never been happier with a car.:spin::spin:

Haha, no she was worried about a little bit of paper towel that got snagged in there from her wiping out snow and then the tank swallowed up some little metal hook thing she had in her purse that she was using to fish out the towel. BTW, she loves the Leggy, she said she's never been happier with a car.:spin::spin:

glad to hear of her love for the leggy. some deviant spouse have been known to harbor long and bitter grudges against our beloved leggy's due to the unavoidable mod addiction:lol:

but as to your original question, it's probably not something to worry about, but you could always take the pump out and try to remove it if it keeps worrying you.

now about those pics......:)

The owners manual explains the proper way to remove metal hooks from the gas tank:

1. Tie a magnet to a string.

2. Put the magnet down the fill tube and tape the string to the side of the car. Tighten gas cap.

3. Wait till it snows.

4. Go to an empty parking lot and do lots of donuts, both clockwise and counter clockwise.

5. Stop car and pull string out of fill tube. The metal hook will be attached to the magnet!

6. Trade cars with your wife.

I'd be more concerned about the paper towel clogging the pickup. But not that concerned.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived