LegacyGT.com

Emissions Test ~ Passed !

PhilT

Buying out the lease on my car, I had to go get an emisions and safety checks done as per Ontario law.

I wasn't sure what the outcome would be, and I'm damn glad I kept the stock DP with those nice friendly cats in them. ;)

Results were:

HC ppm ~ Limit 150, reading 1

CO% ~ Limit 0.70, reading 0.01

The tree huggers will be proud :lol:

The AVO420 would act no differently then your stock VF40. Almost certain he wouldn't be boosting it like crazy knowing the stock cat is there. I had to do the same when the CHP sent me to see the referee. I just changed to the stock DP and thats it passed with flying colors.

how did you use the stock DP with the AVO420? Did blocking the WG cause boost problems or did you drive the car to the emissions place super gently?

Just kept it out of boost all the way to the test centre, then straight into the test, no waiting around.

PhilT, is the car still for sale? Or have you decided to keep it?

The car is up for sale still, but if it doesn't sell for a while I won't be too upset :lol:

The AVO420 would act no differently then your stock VF40. Almost certain he wouldn't be boosting it like crazy knowing the stock cat is there. I had to do the same when the CHP sent me to see the referee. I just changed to the stock DP and thats it passed with flying colors.

What about the flow separator which is flush with the mating surface. A flat flange DP will block all the wastegate flow.

I just passed a (4 minute) emissions test in MD last weekend. It was sorta ridiculous how little they checked. The guy tried to do a gas cap pressure test but didn't have the right adapter. So all they ended up doing was pulling OBD codes. No visual inspection, no treadmill test, no tailpipe sniffer. Made me wish I wasn't stock ;)

Buying out the lease on my car, I had to go get an emisions and safety checks done as per Ontario law.

I wasn't sure what the outcome would be, and I'm damn glad I kept the stock DP with those nice friendly cats in them. ;)

Results were:

HC ppm ~ Limit 150, reading 1

CO% ~ Limit 0.70, reading 0.01

The tree huggers will be proud :lol:

good to see that Ontario hasn't put in a NOx test for 4wd cars yet. too bad our EM doesn't allow mixtures targets leaner than 14.7. I bet we could pass with no cat if we could dial in lean mixtures

Archived