LegacyGT.com

COBB Dp mated to a aftermarket CBE??????

RaGe

i know COBB uses a doughnut gasket to mate well with there exhaust as well as stock. But seems lately alot of people having difficulties mating it to other CBE's. i am seeking information on the X02 CBE. wondering if any others have this setup. I cannot find adequet information about the X02. I know it is 3" piping and the COBB down is 3" but the X02 appears to be a flat flange. so mating this thing will be fun. anyone have anything to offer?

meow.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

and maybe i should elaborate some more as of to what i am doing. I cannot see myself paying 1k for a CBE. not going to happen. Instead i am wanting to pick up the COBB DP, and the X02 CBE. Reason for the X02 is it is stainless steel. 3"piping. and i plan on cutting off the mufflers. So i wanted straight pipes. I have sourced a X02 CBE for really cheap. this is my plans anyway. but nearing time for this all to come true i am trying to gather as much info as i possibly can but not much is available.

OTM.

I just asked deer killer about this earlier today. Because I have cobb catted dp and a perrin cbe and I want to make sure I can seal that connection w/o welding, this was the answer I got. You're right that there isn't a lot of info about how to seal the connection, between a 2.5" dp and 3" exhaust.

I did. It will seal, the cobb flange is large enough. If you use the stock bolts it will center the pipe on the cobb. If you drill the holes out, you're going to have a hell of a time centering it (thus why people use hacked donuts).

yep. thats why i was trying to get some info on it. cuz the stock is goign to have to go. Already have the X02 pretty much. just have to make payment arangements etc..

OTM.

and maybe i should elaborate some more as of to what i am doing. I cannot see myself paying 1k for a CBE. not going to happen. Instead i am wanting to pick up the COBB DP, and the X02 CBE. Reason for the X02 is it is stainless steel. 3"piping. and i plan on cutting off the mufflers. So i wanted straight pipes. I have sourced a X02 CBE for really cheap. this is my plans anyway. but nearing time for this all to come true i am trying to gather as much info as i possibly can but not much is available.

This is going to be insanely loud, just so you know what to expect. Even with mufflers, the XO2 CBE is loud.

I believe you can do it but, I know of a local member named Han, he put on Xo2 catback on a cobb dp I think and he was complaing about an exhaust leak on that type of connection. That's what spurred me to look, I checked out the exhaust set up thread and there are many members who are running a cobb dp to 3" cbe but nobody really talks about getting the connection to seal.

well maybe this will put a spark in there ass.

BUMP for INFO people.

If you are running a COBB DP did you run into probs with the connectors? how did you solve?

OTM.

It will seal just fine. Take off the donut gasket. Center the catback flange well with the DP flange and use a 3" flat gasket. Coat both sides with high temp silicone sealant and use flange head bolts and nuts to secure it. Do not use the donut gasket, do not use the stock spring bolts. Never had a problem.

i did run into problems with the cobb DP and autospeed CBE, the bolts weren't supplied for the connection, so I went and bought some at home depot, and just tightened them up until i could see the flanges start to bend in a little bit. i could see where the cbe was cutting into the donut gasket as well. anyway, that was the best i could come up with...

It will seal just fine. Take off the donut gasket. Center the catback flange well with the DP flange and use a 3" flat gasket. Coat both sides with high temp silicone sealant and use flange head bolts and nuts to secure it. Do not use the donut gasket, do not use the stock spring bolts. Never had a problem.

Ruffly do you know what size bolts / nuts to get. i will go to lowes and just get some stainless steel bolts/ nuts / washers.

OTM.

well i am just wanting the piping. Dont care about the mufflers as they will be getting cut off and the only thing being used will be the tips. And a straight pipe will be put into there place. i just wanted that polished stainless steel pipeing. and could not see myself paying the kind of money these guys pay for some straight pipes like i wanted.

OTM.

well i am just wanting the piping. Dont care about the mufflers as they will be getting cut off and the only thing being used will be the tips. And a straight pipe will be put into there place. i just wanted that polished stainless steel pipeing. and could not see myself paying the kind of money these guys pay for some straight pipes like i wanted.

not a bad plan. Just ope you get one that was welded properly on the flanges, not that that poor sap that posted up here. Also, From installing one of those kits myself, I noticed the y-pipe is welded up too narrow so take that into consideration when mocking up your mufflers.

ignore him, he'll go away.

well this came off of another members legacy. And i dont see them selling me something if the welds were bad. thats not in there character. getting them re welded wont be an issue as i will have less then 200 wrapped up in the piping. so i dont mind taking them to a buddy of mine and having them re-welded over teh welds.

OTM.

Archived