LegacyGT.com

Orange Peel

rodeo-clown

The oange peel is in the clear coat (at lest on my car) and it and almost always is. The base coat is normally not heavy enough to develop peel.

The peel is normally caused by the newer fast drying clear coats and can be made worse with baking/uneven drying. If the manufactures wet sanded between coats it would eliminate the problem...but sadly I dought that is never going to happen.

So...you can defiantly get rid of the peal, along with probably all of your clear (granted you will have to respray it again the right way.) Even with that said: I just don't think we can win this case, as every car under 60k is painted that way. I think your only hope is if the dealer said they were going to fix your car before you bought it, for the rest of us, it was there when we signed the papers excepting it. :rolleyes:

I don't know what Bush has to do with class actions. He doesn't have any control over civil suits against auto manufacturers. I don't really see where you have any cause of action for a lawsuit though. The paint job didn't cause you to die in a crash or anything. Its just something you don't like about the car. Hardly cause for a lawsuit.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I don't know what Bush has to do with class actions. He doesn't have any control over civil suits against auto manufacturers. I don't really see where you have any cause of action for a lawsuit though. The paint job didn't cause you to die in a crash or anything. Its just something you don't like about the car. Hardly cause for a lawsuit.

Bush just signed legislation making it harder for Class-Action sutes to win. Most now have to go straight to the Federal level... http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050218/ap_on_go_pr_wh/limiting_lawsuits

All that says is that jurys are stupid and are awarding frivolous class actions too much money. Frivolous class actions like a bunch of people who are undamaged by their less than perfect paint jobs. ;) This is an issue that will never see a court room of any kind. Subaru has broken no laws by providing us a less than stellar paint job. Compare our paint to every other new car on the road and you'll see that ours is more the standard rather than an exception. I've detailed $100K cars with orange peel. You can't sue because of it.

OCDETAILS BLOG

All that says is that jurys are stupid and are awarding frivolous class actions too much money. Frivolous class actions like a bunch of people who are undamaged by their less than perfect paint jobs. ;) This is an issue that will never see a court room of any kind. Subaru has broken no laws by providing us a less than stellar paint job. Compare our paint to every other new car on the road and you'll see that ours is more the standard rather than an exception. I've detailed $100K cars with orange peel. You can't sue because of it.

lol...Agreed unless the dealer said they would fix it, or who knows his my be worse then most?

Its possible that his is worse than most. In that case it is a warranty issue and not a lawsuit. The reason for Bush's new law is exactly because of this. People have a problem and immediately think they can form a class action and sue somebody. That and the fact that Lawyers get wind of it and start trolling for people to be in the class. There really isn't any damage here. Its an imperfect paint job that either needs to be lived with or repainted. Make a waranty claim on it and if that doesn't work then call a lawyer to see if its something that really should be covered under warranty. If it is a waranty issue then let us know so we can all get our cars repainted. :)

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived