LegacyGT.com

Official JGTC Thread

axis008

Excerpt from a handout: "The Japan GT Championship is the biggest and most popular racing series in Japan. For the first time ever, it's traveling across the Pacific and into the wasteland that is Fontana, California, to race on California Speedway's circuit course. Presented by GT Live, the USA round of JGTC is bringing in the best of the GT500 and GT300 class, including the Xanavi Nismo Z, the Dynacity Tom's Supra, and the Epson Nakajima Racing NSX." Alright, so it's the end of the Saturday event.... Basically there was a ton to do. I will explain it later...... TONS OF FUN. I will also post pictures later. I have a lot of video footage, mostly of girls though, courtesy of my friend Will. But maybe I'll make a compilation later and find someone to host it. Anyone else go? Oh yeah, on the way home on 10W, I saw a Satin White Pearl Legacy GT with OEM spoiler that was REALLY low. It also had new plates from South Coast Subaru. Anyone know this person?? It was lookin' mighty good.
-ben

I'd love to but unfortunately my roommate is driving so we're heading out early. Have you bought a ticket yet? I have an extra ticket to sell and I'm willing to sell it for really cheap ($20 as opposed to $35). PM me if you're interested.

Sorry I didn't post any pictures or talk about anything earlier. I have my roommate from Sacramento and best friend from Pasadena at my place, so I've been accompanying them.

So... JGTC. Wow. Those cars are INSANELY fast. Also, they are unbelievably LOUD. Especially the yellow RX7. They are loud enough to shake the ground 1,000+ ft. away. There was a drifting demo, too, that I wasn't really able to catch. There were TONS of booths with tons of girls. Lots of very nice cars as well. Tomorrow we're heading out early to sign up for the test drive thing with a choice of a Nismo 350Z, RX8, Altima SE-R, Sentra SE-R, or Mazda3. (Unfortunately you can't choose.. But I'm sure you can go multiple times :)) They have a go-karting thing, but unfortunately it's $10 for 5-minute session and they have other longer ones, but if you're in SoCal, I say just go to Dromo1 in Anaheim, which is MUCH more fun (I don't know about SpeedZone in City of Industry, because I've never been there).

Here are some shots. Several of the pictures I have of the racing cars are blurry. They are pretty fast and I'm not used to my sister's camera. The Canon S410 does not have the manual focus that I need in a digital camera. Also most of the pictures I have of the beautiful women that were present there include my best friend Will.... Sorry about that. He loves women. :lol:

Tomorrow will be another story :). I will try to get more pictures, maybe post some in the Tikki Lounge, who knows :p. If you guys want it, I'll post it.

Video footage might or might not come later. I need to get the clips from Will and then I'll edit it using Pinnacle when I go back to Davis in early January. Then I need to find bandwidth... It's more of a girl video than car video, if you guys are curious :p. I think Will only taped like five cars and a bunch of the JGTC pre-run and the rest girls, girls, girls.

Oh yeah. I hate the sun. Shade ruins pictures of girls :(.

IMG_4861.jpg.dd9f7c2b81dbd7c6f9668e2ea14b8606.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg.37ca1239dbde64a1f13192028cdcc6e9.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg.060b21e08e8ccea52ec0fda0833cfff2.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg.7e13952e63af13a2d8f3cc27070df960.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg.ae8ada7b6c3a3c12b15665d4ca221f41.jpg

-ben

i was there too, i also agree that those cars were LOUD. I think the rx-7 was one of the more quiter ones, the loudest was the orange 350z, and when it back-fired, my eardrums kept on ringing. Ill try to post up some of my pics soon. I had a blast, mostly from the vendors.

Nice! I didn't see your car in the huge parking lot. I only saw a white Legacy GT parked way in the boonies. That and the car I saw on the freeway. I'm glad there weren't really any Legacys at the show--the exclusivity of the car is awesome, because no one will know what hit them. Did you check out the car club section? There were TONS of Evolutions (20+)and NSXs (40+).
-ben

At the vendors, i think it was for costa mesa subaru, there were two legacies on display. They looked stock but i looked closer and i found out that one of them had bora cat-back exahust and the other had the sti twin pipe one (but i dont know what kind of y-pipe it had, all i know was that it was black).

JGTC day two was AWESOME. When my friends Stephen, Will, and I first got there, we hit up the Ride & Drive event. I got a chance to test drive the Nismo 350Z. Wow, what a torque monster. The only bad thing was they said the clutch was almost out, so I had to take it easy when shifting, and that I should keep it in second the whole way. I also wasn't used to pushing a rear-wheel-drive car, so my lines were pretty crappy. Pretty fun though. I got a chance also to drive the Mazda3 afterwards. Unfortunately it was automatic. The car understeered like a madman, in part because of the almost bald tires, and also because I was pushing it way beyond its limits. There was a tuner challenge event at the track where sponsored cars could go and race with each other. We saw several cars such as the Sparco Evo (which has Enzo Ferrari seats), Hotchkis Celica, Rhys Millen's Evo VII rally car, and many others. This event I especially liked because it was something we could all relate to (sort of). Later we checked out some JGTC races, both GT300 and GT500. Mines, you were right about the 350Z being loud. The RX7 was piercing, but the 350Z was both piercing and it made your ears do weird things. During our free time, we went around and got footage of models stuff. I'll post some pictures tomorrow or something. Afterwards, my friend Will wanted to inquire about Zeal coilovers for his future Evolution MR at the Endless/Zeal booth. We got a chance to talk to Rishie. He's the director of motorsports for the distribution company. Awesome guy to talk to. Keefe, if you're reading this, he mentioned your car when I brought up the Legacy GT application. Very cool! I might get a set of those Zeal's instead of TEIN Flex's. They're located an hour away near San Francisco/San Jose in Milipitas. The last event we checked out was the D1GP drifting event. These guys were some of the most skilled drifters in the world. The judges were famous people such as Keiichi Tsuchiya (a.k.a. Drift King). The event had cars such as the Japanese drift team Team Orange with their fleet of cars, American drift team Drift Alliance, a couple of other teams, Rhys Millen and his RMR Pontiac GTO. At the end, an orange Silvia S15 (I think from Team Orange) won the event. [quote name='Mines']At the vendors, i think it was for costa mesa subaru, there were two legacies on display. They looked stock but i looked closer and i found out that one of them had bora cat-back exahust and the other had the sti twin pipe one (but i dont know what kind of y-pipe it had, all i know was that it was black).[/QUOTE]I didn't see any. Was this at the pit area, because that's the only part we didn't check out. Pictures?
-ben

I have some pictures of cars drifting, but they moved so fast that my camera could not capture them. I tried different ISO modes and exposure settings but nothing seemed to help. Can anyone help me out with fast-motion shooting?

934271560_WhiteBlitzER34Drifting.jpg.f274e286e9561351a232f515104f51b3.jpg

224504652_RedHKSS15Drifting.jpg.bdb790f5f10fb609c50b01b17dcb90a7.jpg

-ben

[quote name='axis008']I have some pictures of cars drifting, but they moved so fast that my camera could not capture them. I tried different ISO modes and exposure settings but nothing seemed to help. Can anyone help me out with fast-motion shooting?[/QUOTE] You have to be able to pan for such shooting - you absolutely cannot freeze the action at night, unless you shoot at ISO 3200 with an extremely fast lens at F1.8. What I was shooting at was ISO800, F4.5, and around 1/60 to 1/100sec exposure times. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

Wise words from a wise man, thank you Paul. Unfortunately my sister's S410 only goes up to ISO400, but I will try the panning thing. It didn't help that I wasn't really close to the action either, but rather high up in the stands. Were you there Paul? If you were, post some shots if you have the chance! :)
-ben

[quote name='axis008']Wise words from a wise man, thank you Paul. Unfortunately my sister's S410 only goes up to ISO400, but I will try the panning thing. It didn't help that I wasn't really close to the action either, but rather high up in the stands. Were you there Paul? If you were, post some shots if you have the chance! :)[/QUOTE] I was there down in the photog pit in front of you guys. I was on Autobacs ticket for this event, another long story that will get interesting soon. Photos will go up later today, I'm in crisis prevention mode for a little while longer. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

• 4 weeks later...
Bump for request: Did anyone snap any pictures of the two Legacys present in the Subaru booth next to the Monterey Park Police WRX? I seriously can NOT find any pictures, except one, but I can barely see the cars. :(
-ben

Archived