LegacyGT.com

Clutch Question need answered

BLKGT5

I've heard that a WRX 06+ Dual Mass Flywheel works on a 2005 Legacy GT.

Is this correct?

I'm using a ACT Lightweight Flywheel with a HD Pressure plate and street disc.

Will the WRX 06+ Dual Mass Flywheel work with this setup?

How much does a WRX 06+ Dual Mass Flywheel usally cost?

The stupid throw out bearing has already failed (1500miles) with this new ACT setup and the 1500 rpm or below shudder really sucks! It even rattles when decelerating using the engine to slow the vechical down, which I usally dont do.:mad:

Crappy setup which I don't recommend unless it's a purely drag strip car.

The 06+ WRX does not have a dual mass fly it is single mass weighs about 23.8 lbs. It will work with your ACT Clutch, the LW ACT fly is the same design as the OEM WRX unit. $199 from King of parts FYI.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

Hmm if that's the case, I guess only the Legacy runs the dual mass flywheel?

Is it the ACT heavy duty pressure plate or the street disc that's causing the shuddering? I'm wanting better grip than a stock clutch but without the shudder and the non exsistant dampering of the throw out bearing.

How does Subaru keep this from occuring on the 06+ WRX?

Can I run my clutch and pressure plate with a dual mass Legacy flywheel and would that remove the shudder?

Thanks!

There is a 10# difference between the Act fly and Wrx you are getting what they call chatter from the Act fly being to light. Act does not currently make a clutch that will work with the Legacy dual mass FW, only Spec clutches have an upgraded clutch for use with our flywheel. FAIK there are a few members with the Act street clutch and the OEM Wrx fly with good results (very little chatter and alot better drivability).

There are a couple threads here with great info on different setups.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

NP been doing alot of research I think the ACT clutch and Wrx fly will be my setup after first of year.

Archived