LegacyGT.com

Can you swap Auto Climate control with manual?

I have a 2008 2.5i. It has the typical single CD and dial knobs for the climate control. Any of you guys know you can swap the 6Cd Automatic Climate Control unit into those cars and have it be a plug and play? I would think Subaru would use just one wire harness for all cars and it would work fine, but who knows?!?!?!

Thanks!

I have a 2008 2.5i. It has the typical single CD and dial knobs for the climate control. Any of you guys know you can swap the 6Cd Automatic Climate Control unit into those cars and have it be a plug and play? I would think Subaru would use just one wire harness for all cars and it would work fine, but who knows?!?!?!

Thanks!

I just accidentally erased my response right before I hit "enter", so here's a recap:

Bottom line: If you were to do a search here on "ACC" (Auto Climate Control), you'd see the vast majority of people here who've owned other cars with some kind of auto climate control system would gladly swap out their Subaru's ACC with the manual system like you have. Reason being, it's very quirky in it's operation (due in part to a few design flaws) and really doesn't do the best job at accomplishing the task at hand.

So, in many peoples' opinions here, you're way ahead of the game with your manual system. Also, I don't know if the newer single CD stereo systems also come with an aux input for MP3 players or not, but if your's has this--I'd forget about the fact you don't have a 6 CD changer.

Hope that helps,

Tim G.

I just accidentally erased my response right before I hit "enter", so here's a recap:

Bottom line: If you were to do a search here on "ACC" (Auto Climate Control), you'd see the vast majority of people here who've owned other cars with some kind of auto climate control system would gladly swap out their Subaru's ACC with the manual system like you have. Reason being, it's very quirky in it's operation (due in part to a few design flaws) and really doesn't do the best job at accomplishing the task at hand.

So, in many peoples' opinions here, you're way ahead of the game with your manual system. Also, I don't know if the newer single CD stereo systems also come with an aux input for MP3 players or not, but if your's has this--I'd forget about the fact you don't have a 6 CD changer.

Hope that helps,

Tim G.

That does help Tim, thank you. I think I'll stick with what I've got.

I'm new to this whole internet forum thing. Please excuse me for not being so computer perfect as you. I'll strive to spend as much time on the computer that you do. Hopefully I can hit a higher level of forum expertise to match your vast knowledge and perfection.

With that attitude, you'll get plenty of help my friend. Did someone piss in your cornflakes this morning? Why the sudden jump to e-thug hostility?

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived