LegacyGT.com

Need a new PDA

leggtnut

So while I was out of the country, I broke the LCD on my Dell Axim X5. So now I need to replace it. I have been looking at as many as I can find and so far like Asus MyPal's. Anyone have any experiance with them? Main use is GPS Navigation like on the X5.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

The HP is nice, but the one I got to play with that had the integrated GPS reciever, I wasn't as happy with it as I thought.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I'm looking for a PDA/Phone/GPS myself. My co-worker has this http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=154517 and it seems really cool. The price has dropped from over $650. There are others, like this one http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_archives/Aug07/gps600.aspx

I don't know if I should wait for the GooglePhone....or pull the trigger on one of these.

I don't need/want a pda phone so, yes they are really cool though. I just like having my PDA/GPS seperate from my phone. Yes my phone does it all, but the screen isn't that big and I don't have the data plan for google maps to run on it with the GPS. I would rather just have something that does the PDA/GPS really well.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

There's some interesting options if your looking for a PDA/Phone device. I just got a new Windows Mobile 6 i760 from Verizon (replacing a 2 year old WM2003 SE i730) and I've been very happy with it. If you really want to stick with the Dell, check Ebay, probably quite a few new or almost new units on there.

Like I said in the first post, I really like the Asus packages right now, but haven't seen one. Not looking for phone/PDA combo's. and heightsgtltd, you are one funny guy/gal :p My wife has one of those packed in a drawer somewhere.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

heightsgtltd, Yes it was like many Apple things.

bizrns, Thanks. what do you like best and worst about it, and which model do you have?

Ben

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived