LegacyGT.com

First Impressions!

OK... It came today! Get to my dealer it has been detailed and filled up with 93 oct (no name brand)... I inspect the LGT lmted, black on black with out a scratch. I get in, all looks well, I start her up, and notice she has 320miles on her..... S%$^&T I ask the dealer Why? Well Blah blah blha... I guess test drives". I didn't like that... But this is the only Black with black Limted with a 5MT in the whole Florida region. So I took delivery on it! Man what a car! This evening I was able to drive around enough to realy get a feel for her. I have to say it is very hard to keep her under 4krpms, Its like the boxer is beging for boost like "FEED ME FEED ME".\ I didnt redline her, but I did some quick straight aways, some interstate driving, and some nice S turns... Wheeeeew! I love AWD. So I drive around for a few hours, and then pick up my girlfriend from work, and we go for a ride... We live in SouthBeach FL., and there are some cool S turn Between 41st & 23rd on N.Indian Trail (wich is a one way), with a canal(small river) on the right. So we make the turn onto the NITrail, People behind us are stuck at a red light............. I hit it, not to redline but 55k shifs or so.... and I fly around the first three turns like we were glued to the road, just as I hit a straight away and give it gas, we see a COP aproching, from one of the perpendicular streets on the left.... IM FLYING>> in a 30MPH.... He Hits his lights>>> We are like SHIT!!!! and I am at the next turn(the last turn) I look back and hes having a hard time catching up! I make a left at a fork in the road that sends me back onto Collins and I pull into a Hotel Valet Parking entrance (the wrong way) Still the cop never saw us! I get out the car and ask a few questions to the valets like a torist, just to kill time, and then took off with my hart beating and my Girls face RED. HAAAAAAAAAAAA Close call, First day! :cool:

That was a close call! Hope the remaining 650 miles go by quickly Sucks that your car has some pre-delivery miles. I live in Dade and have owned 2 Subies. Purchased an '03 WRX from Lehman and didn't really like their sales staff. Went back in Oct to take advantage of "trade-up" program and not only did they not know about the program, their knowledge of the Legacy was pathetic. Drove to Tampa to purchase my '05 GT from Mastro and do not regret it. Been on the look-out for any Legacies here in Miami-- still haven't seen one yet in 3 months. Welcome to the boards

Thanks Nate... Yeah it was Lehman. My experience was almost the same. My sales guy "Action Jackson" was nice as can be, and seemed to be a good guy. Still I had to tell him that the buttons on the stering wheel in the 5AMT LGT was the sport shift, he had told me it was for the stereo. lol Thats when I realized He didnt know much about LGT. Also they tried to approach negotiations with me with all the B.S. and mumbo jumbo of a true car dealership. Still after about ten minutes they realized, I knew the car> knew what I wanted, and did my reacerch on Invoice pricing. I eneded up getting a deal @ 5% over invoice and low financing. Over all I am satisfied. Still, I wish I would have had the time to drive up to Mastro! The Irony in the whole thing is mt LGT Lmt 5MT came from another dealership in Tampa. When I drive up to New Orleans in a few months I will stop in at Mastro. Maby Dyno her.

Well, I guess if you are the new owner, and you romp on it the first day with less than 500 miles on the clock, there really isn't much to be worried about from the pre-delivery miles. Chances are they were easier miles. Sounds like the power is addictive though. (damn, I have to get behind the wheel of one of these cars soon. I have pored over a couple of them, but haven't got a chance to test drive one. They are too hard to find around here, and the dealers want to keep the delivery miles down.) To each their own, and I myself, would probably employ a stratified progressive break-in schedule, (raising the self imposed rev limit gradually under light gear loads, and proper heat-cycling.)

If the car was used for test drives, and that's where it got its intial 300+ miles... then it can probably be safely assumed that it wasn't kept to a <4K rev limit. It was probably used fairly hard. Not sure it will impact you in the long run, but I wouldn't be too paraniod about the 1,000 mile break-in... because it probably was already ignored for its first 300 miles of life.

Frontrange, thanks for the encouragement...lol But I am not a young punk, I can drive!... As for the break In period... I do warm up properly, I do cool down properly, I change speeds alot, I stay under 4k 90% of the time, but I dont think taking it up to 55k a few times is gonna be detremental...it might even help...... Like Rdave said, the first 300mi on the car were likly hard.... Furthermore, if you dont have an LGT(yet) you will understand soon how hard it is to keep it slow. We have been discussing this already: [url]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5854[/url]

lmao, hope the cop didnt see ur plate number, so i dont get it, he turns his lights on, u dont slow down (well u do to take hte turn) then u take lke another turn and pull in somewhere, if he caught up with you somehow YOU ARE SO FU*@#CKED OMG thats liek evading the cops or someshit, dude get a valatine 1, i garantee that woulda helped with a warning

Yes, it's hard to control oneself with this car but you MUST. There's no excuse for speeding over the limit at gay abandon. If you are inclined to do so, you will get caught one day, have an accident, or both. There are private circuits where you can exhale such exuberance. As for the breakin - yes, you are right - you should take it to the limit a few times during the breakin. Just do it sparingly and under light load (ie, not thrashing it up a steep hill or bends).

I have been hearing alot about the V1... The thing is here on M.Beach the cops have the best lazers in the country (Better than the FL state cops)... they wait till you are rite there and shoot you up close. (I got a ticket in my honda) I have a good detector that does have lazer, and it did go off, but it was too late, he had me. Then he told me he would have given me a break but with the lazer detector IM considered a "Profesional Speeder" so no break, then he was cool and showed me the new L.Gun and the pocket pc that he used to print me out a ticket as he uploaded it to FloridaState symultaniously! High Teck.... So V1 can help? Tell me about it! I know it has direction arrows, what else?

Check this site out. Guy is a retired 20 year radar/laser officer and now dedicates his life to beating them. Built was has been called the 'Stealth Hog'.... Virtually completely invisible to laser and can detect radar 2 miles out. [url="http://www.radarbusters.com"]http://www.radarbusters.com[/url] [url="http://www.stealthhog.com"]http://www.stealthhog.com[/url]

I just thought of something really funny. What if all cars were fitted with radar detectors with acceptance? That way almost everyone will slow down wherever there's a radar gun, assuming that safety is their may driver and not money revenue raising. Then they can set up radar guns 24-hours everywhere and everyone will have to drive at legal speeds all the time, unless if you wanted to make a donation. [quote name='darkstar']Check this site out. Guy is a retired 20 year radar/laser officer and now dedicates his life to beating them. Built was has been called the 'Stealth Hog'.... Virtually completely invisible to laser and can detect radar 2 miles out. [url="http://www.radarbusters.com"]http://www.radarbusters.com[/url] [url="http://www.stealthhog.com"]http://www.stealthhog.com[/url][/QUOTE]

[quote name='fan42025']I just thought of something really funny. What if all cars were fitted with radar detectors with acceptance? That way almost everyone will slow down wherever there's a radar gun, assuming that safety is their may driver and not money revenue raising. Then they can set up radar guns 24-hours everywhere and everyone will have to drive at legal speeds all the time, unless if you wanted to make a donation.[/QUOTE] You assume that speed limits and speeding tickets are there to slow you down.

I ment city of Miami Beach ok... the point is... there is no more ticket book and no more time between when he writes the ticket and when a record of it is made. So, getting a cop friend to pull a ticket is not an option! It is usuly a speed trap, the cops pick a stretch (PINETREE RD.) just far enough after a traffic signal or turn that allows your car (if it is automatic, My Accord was) to shift into 4th gear puttin you at 40mph or so without accelerating.... They post a 30mph and sit with there Motobikes well out of view, and pulse you with the lazer just as you reach cruzing speed! ITS A RACKETT! It makes alot of money for the city.

The solution is simple. Post warning signs and everyone will slow down and they will be sitting their until the cows come home. [quote name='offthacliff']I ment city of Miami Beach ok... the point is... there is no more ticket book and no more time between when he writes the ticket and when a record of it is made. So, getting a cop friend to pull a ticket is not an option! It is usuly a speed trap, the cops pick a stretch (PINETREE RD.) just far enough after a traffic signal or turn that allows your car (if it is automatic, My Accord was) to shift into 4th gear puttin you at 40mph or so without accelerating.... They post a 30mph and sit with there Motobikes well out of view, and pulse you with the lazer just as you reach cruzing speed! ITS A RACKETT! It makes alot of money for the city.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fan42025']The solution is simple. Post warning signs and everyone will slow down and they will be sitting their until the cows come home.[/QUOTE] They do this around here and Ohio that I know of.....Big yellow signs that say speed trap enforcement zone. Guess what after a while - not effective. Build a better mouse trap and they'll build a better mouse.

Archived