LegacyGT.com

Coilover Recommendations Needed

GT4WD

Hi all, I am looking to purchase a coilover which is both height and damping adjustable for street driving and perhaps occasional track. Also, it should be as quiet as the stock suspension without introducing any foreign or additional noises. Any good recommendations? I have sat in a Tein Flex equipped Legacy. The ride is pretty harsh and it's noisy, so that is out for me.

[quote name='B4_Maniac'][url="http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4456"]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4456[/url][/QUOTE] Thanks for your link on the HKS Hipermax LS+ coilover. I actually have a friend who have that too. After 3 months, he is experiencing some noises from the front although it is suppose to be better than those with pillowmount. He have sent it back to the workshop who dismantle the entire coilover to clean it. But it doesn't help. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Have asked some workshops and one particularly recommended Cusco Zero-2 as they have not received any feedback or complains so far compared to the TEIN and HKS coilovers they have sold. But I must say those were for the REXes and not Legacies. An EVO 8MR friend of mine has also installed the Cusco Zero-2 and is very happy with it so far. A check on Cusco website reveals that they only have it for the BP5 (Wagon) and not BL5 (Sedan). Is it alright to use the coilover since they are identical? Probably different spring rate since the wagon is longer.

[url]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2848&highlight=zeal[/url] I'll only post one pic of the zeals... :) [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/stillwill/Myles%20pics/Zeals%202/ygp84B2.jpg[/img] Give us a call if you have any questions. 944 turbo guy Myles Williams [url]www.racecompengineering.com[/url] [email]sales@racecompengineering.com[/email] Racecomp Engineering LLC. 9123 Old Annapolis Rd. Suite 103w Columbia, Maryland 21045 410-730-RACE 410-730-5503 FAX 410-707-0108 mobile

• 5 years later...

Have the RCE Tarmac 1 with the 500# springs and camber plates and the ride is really cushy. I previously had Megan Racing coilovers too and the ride in the RCEs are way better despite having higher spring rates. I will go as far as saying the ride quality is as good if not better than my Bilstein RevA on STI pinks I had back in 06/07.

I'm confident that if you got these with some softer springs like say 350# or 400# springs, the ride quality would be about what your aiming for. Give the Myles and the RCE guys a call and they'll hook you up.

Have the RCE Tarmac 1 with the 500# springs and camber plates and the ride is really cushy. I previously had Megan Racing coilovers too and the ride in the RCEs are way better despite having higher spring rates. I will go as far as saying the ride quality is as good if not better than my Bilstein RevA on STI pinks I had back in 06/07.

I'm confident that if you got these with some softer springs like say 350# or 400# springs, the ride quality would be about what your aiming for. Give the Myles and the RCE guys a call and they'll hook you up.

Maybe progressive springs might help too.

ok i dont really feel like going through all these forum threads on which coilovers to get so i jus need to ask.

wut do ppl think about D2 racing...Megan Racing...Tein...KSport??? any thoughts and reviews??? anythin helps

I'm using a set of Endura-Tech's and I LOVE them. By far the best coilover I've driven for the money, and I've driven a BUNCH of different coilovers.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'm using a set of Endura-Tech's and I LOVE them. By far the best coilover I've driven for the money, and I've driven a BUNCH of different coilovers.

for the money??? dude these things are like one of the most expensive ones ive seen. haha

ok i dont really feel like going through all these forum threads on which coilovers to get so i jus need to ask.

wut do ppl think about D2 racing...Megan Racing...Tein...KSport??? any thoughts and reviews??? anythin helps

out of those four

which Tein?

if your talking about Tein basic

I'd go for Megans

out of those four

which Tein?

if your talking about Tein basic

I'd go for Megans

yea im talking about the tein basic damper kit bcuz those are the only teins in my price range. wut are the main difference between the teins and megans?

This is a "it depends" answer.

It depends if you're tracking the car alot/a little, are you more into comfort, etc.

To me (just for my application) yes, it would be better than the tein basic. Also because it has adjustable camber which is another plus. The basics reuse the stock tophats. If you're going to be looking at MR and teins, at least compare the MRs with the Tein Flex setup instead. The tein basic should be compared with a strut/spring combo imo.

Hope that helps.

soooo...ummm is that better than the teins?

for the money??? dude these things are like one of the most expensive ones ive seen. haha

The GB right now puts them at $1475. For something as high quality as these, they are worth every penny of their MSRP and are a MUCH better value than anything even CLOSE to them in price, especially the discounted price.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived