LegacyGT.com

08 LGT FDR - Change?

Hey all,

I just read in an old thread that the 2008 LGT 5-speed has a lower final drive ratio (3.9 instead of 4.1, I guess now the same as the Spec.B.)

Can anyone confirm this? I would assume the 08's then would get slightly better MPG and slightly worse acceleration?

I know in some cars a lower FDR will result in a smoother ride, any thoughts on that?

(i.e. my 06 Civic SI has a really high FDR...and 1st through 3rd gears tend to be quite jerky at times, though 3rd isn't terrible).

Joe

Hmm...well if the Spec.B. FDR went from a 3.54 to a 3.9, then it's acceleration would improve fairly dramatically (i.e. a .2 second gain in the quarter mile). That's a pretty serious increase in my modest experience.

cars101.com is a great resource; I didn't check there to confirm the information but now I realize I shoulve have...

Joe

Hmm...well if the Spec.B. FDR went from a 3.54 to a 3.9, then it's acceleration would improve fairly dramatically (i.e. a .2 second gain in the quarter mile). That's a pretty serious increase in my modest experience.

cars101.com is a great resource; I didn't check there to confirm the information but now I realize I shoulve have...

Joe

There is a discussion on this in another thread. The conclusion is that the '07 Spec B's FDR is 3.9 not 3.54. This was confirmed by the RPM at speed posted by members with '07 Spec B. Subaru published the wrong number.

Archived