LegacyGT.com

Self dimming mirror with compass

avengador1

My LGT came with the optional auto dimming mirror with compass. I read the manual and it says that it comes preset to zone 8, I am in zone 11 and am trying to see if I can set it to the correct zone. It is supposed to display the zone if you hold the right button. My mirror has 3 buttons and only the center button seems to have any effect with the mirror display. It will turn the display on and off. The right button turns on a map reading light in the right side of the mirror. Does anybody have any hints on checking the zone or setting it. Im going to try and re-read the manual again to see if I can make any sense of it.

I looked at my self diming mirror and the one in the manual. Mine is definitely different. It only has one button to turn the compass display and the mirror on and of. The one in the manual has two buttons. It came with a Gentex LED map autodim mirror. It seems to be working alright as it's readings match the ones in my Cobra radar detector compass. Im going to give up on adjusting it for now as it doesn't seem to need it.

I have that mirror, too, and it came with the hangy sticker that said, "Do not remove until compass zone is set!" I promptly peeled it off, of course. It seems to be accurate based on my limited geography knowledge. Am I the only one who thinks the mirror is @#$%@ HUGE in my field of view? I've seen this product in the WRX and Forester, and because of their more upright window the mirror is farther away and seems much smaller in my view. I found the Legacy one really annoying for the first week or so. I was actually considering swapping it for a plain old smaller mirror. --Dan Mach V [url=www.fastwrx.com]FastWRX.com[/url]

Yeah, I don't like that mirror either. It's way too big, and the "auto" feature isn't always right (for my taste anyway). I think it's really more a gadget to impress the neighbors then it is a useful tool to make your life better. I prefer the smaller, cheaper, lighter, more reliable, "flick the tab up" mirror. Sly

[quote name='Mach V Dan']I have that mirror, too, and it came with the hangy sticker that said, "Do not remove until compass zone is set!" I promptly peeled it off, of course. It seems to be accurate based on my limited geography knowledge. Am I the only one who thinks the mirror is @#$%@ HUGE in my field of view? I've seen this product in the WRX and Forester, and because of their more upright window the mirror is farther away and seems much smaller in my view. I found the Legacy one really annoying for the first week or so. I was actually considering swapping it for a plain old smaller mirror. --Dan Mach V [url=www.fastwrx.com]FastWRX.com[/url][/QUOTE] Dan - you can have my stock mirror if you want.....just got the Homelink autodim. -Dan

I'm looking for the HomeLink mirror if someone wants to either trade out for my non-auto mirror, or pick up mine when I find one in stock. Hit me with a PM if you want mine.

jim

If you can't find a Homelink in stock at the local dealer, check out Mastro - they have them in stock for $185/shipped. mastrowrx.com

They seemed a little shocked when I asked them if they had them in stock- they said 'of course, we always keep a bunch'. So, it seems any shortage is regional.

That would be great, thanks!

I don't have a garage, so Homelink isn't useful. :(

--Dan

Mach V

I just bought mine.....we could have worked something out. Oh well. I am sure you can move it on here. (Homelink will control light modules or X10 stuff too, so it can be useful even if you don't have a garage.)

Are you in Arlington or Dulles? I need to get some tires swapped from my stockers to new rims next week and want to talk to you about an up-pipe (more importantly, installing it).

Are you in Arlington or Dulles? I need to get some tires swapped from my stockers to new rims next week and want to talk to you about an up-pipe (more importantly, installing it).

Pardon my ignorance, but aren't the Homelink autodim and the compass autodim two different parts? Or are they one and the same?

I live in Arlington, but our shop is out by Dulles. (Click below for the home page, then click the address at the bottom of the page for a map.)

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Pardon my ignorance, but aren't the Homelink autodim and the compass autodim two different parts? Or are they one and the same?
They are two separate parts, but both include Compass.

mirror options:

1) basic

2) autodimming (electrochromic) w/ compass

2) autodimming (electrochromic) w/ compass AND Homelink PN: H501SAG010 MSRP: 239 Dealer Cost: 155

Does anyone have pictures of the two different autodim mirrors. I like the one with the Homelink option but was wondering if it's a lot larger than the regular Autodim and also where the compass display is in relation to the regular autodim one.

Thanks,

Brian

Oh yeah , and what is x10 and where can you get one of these so called "light control modules"

Oh yeah , and what is x10 and where can you get one of these so called "light control modules"

X10 is a control system - check out smarthome.com

I picked up one of these, as it is Homelink compatible for sure:

http://www.chamberlain-diy.com/diy04/products/buy_online_door_control_models/0,3818,uid-d3iGZ2FlYWVhag==_1513,00.html

to change the zones, you have to do some actual moving of the vehicle as well...when you are ready to reset the compass, you need to drive around in a circle 2 or 3 times or something so that it can detect the zone and set itself. i know i read it somewhere in one of the guides at my house....just need to find it and then ill post the exact instructions on here.

Archived