LegacyGT.com

What's 1 of 300 and $86k? RS4 cab that's what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got a few more RS4 cabs in now. 1 triple black, ` Daytona grey, and the worst and way to expensive one yellow (sticker is for $92k). Here is a shot from our warehouse. From the yellow RS4 cab to the wall are all Rs4's.

http://cycle-planet.com/chris/2rs4.jpg

http://cycle-planet.com/chris/1rs4.jpg

We work off of a major highway. I was doing 10 over, which is a lot slower then when I used to do Porsche new car inspections (the rule of thumb for a Porsche new car inspect is that you should go at least 100mph to make sure there aren't any vibrations) not saying I actually ever did that.

That isn't the best color combo, I agree with that. I would like to see black exterior, black top, red interior accents including seats. White with black top, red interior accents would be cool too.

and people are actually concerned about break in?

that's why i didn't "break in" the gt. i just said f it.

The sleeper I actually kind of liked was 04.5-05 Allroad with the 4.2. We didn't sell that many of them, but they had the S4 V8 in Allroad body. They also added the option to have more of the exterior painted body color instead of the grey accents. I don't remember seeing any S4 wagons up there mainly cause they don't really sell in our area. We either dealer trade for them or order them. I'll try to get a couple pics of the next one I see.

Guest heightsgtltd

I forgot about the allroad 4.2

I was just in Europe, and saw a brand new all-road that they stopped selling here.

It looked fantastic

Well unfortunately Audi has their collective heads up their smelly places its not funny. They are only worried about Europe right now and not at all looking towards other markets. VW/Audi was one of the first manufacturers into China and was the top seller. We've lost it to Buick. They've priced themselves so far out of the US market it's sad. At the rate their going Porsche will own them by the end of the year. My dealer is in a rich area. We can't move A3's at all, but we are one of the highest selling dealers of A8's and we can't get them for stock. Our area is the kind of place that if you don't have one in stock the customer wil go to the MB or BMW dealer instead cause they have one in stock. Audi can't supply the US with enough S5's right now. We have seen one two months now (we've sold 4 already). We have a ton of interest, but nothing to sell cause Audi won't send the cars. I'm not even getting into how pathetic their handling of the R8 is. We sold the only one we've seen so far for about $60k over sticker to a guy who couldn't even drive stick. They could sell the hell out of that car, but the idiots forgot that that is what they are in the business of doing. They are to involved with being a certain class of car or trying to beat BMW that they lost sight of actually selling product. I don't see good times ahead with Audi.

Talking to another tech I found out instead of later this month or even next month, we won't see our next R8 until March now. Audi's thinking is that since the euro is worth more then the dollar that selling in Europe is a lot more profitable so the US doesn't get product. So the A8's we need we won't see cause they can sell them for more in their own country. There also used to be 4-5 zones in the US. WHich means the country was broken down to 4-5 areas and product was sent to each zone accordingly to how they sel. Now I think we are down to 2-3 which means now we have to fight for even larger dealers to get the high end cars. Tech support is a joke in which even they admit that they have us techs do meaningless test until they can get some answers out of the germans. They also have parts supply problems in which parts that become a reoccuring issue they don't have enough in the country to fix the cars as needed.

sounds great :(

remind me not to buy an S4

I wouldn't go that far. Even though the subie crowd is completely anti VAG, their products have been vastly improved. ITs just he inner management that's a joke right now. All the VOA/AOA guys have germans over their shoulders so they are to scared to take chances. We were supposed to start training on TDI's in April/May now I've heard end of the year at best. THis week is going to be a perfect example of how Audi is now trying to make money off of their dealers instead of cars. I'm in training the rest of the week for classes I've essentially already taken a few years ago. This class is a required class to maintain my certifaction level.

I forgot about the allroad 4.2

I was just in Europe, and saw a brand new all-road that they stopped selling here.

It looked fantastic

Funny you say that, because the biggest complaint of the previous Allroad owners is that the new one does not look different enough from the regular A6 Avant... I happen to agree with them.

I'd love to own the 4.0 V8 TDI, if it ever comes out ;)

OT, the RS4 Cabrio's are way too expensive for what they are. I'd get a Carrera 4S instead. An Avant on the other hand...:wub:

Guest heightsgtltd

That's funny, because I think the nice thing about it, is it's a more streamlined version of the allroad.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/picture-095-800x600.jpg

How have the new Audi TT's been selling? They seem to be very expensive for what they are, but that's just my opinion. I like it, but don't think it's worth $40K+ for a fwd 2.0T car. The 3.2 gets silly expensive very quickly with just a few options.

I can give you an update about TTs and A3s. Sometime this year we will be getting a TT S. The TT S is going to be above the 3.2 TT and will have a 2.0T (new 2.0T that is chain drive called the "world engine") that is supposed to be around 280hp (basically the european S3 engine). Also well over due in summer sometime the US will finally get a new 2.0T(detuned probably 200hp still) haldex quattro TT and A3. From what I was told it should be avaiilable in both dsg and true manual trans. Audi really messed up by not intially offering the A3 with a 2.0T and quattro so now they are making up for it.

On a side note, apparently the larger engine R8 is going to be the 5.2L V10 from the S6/S8. Its still not 100%, but more then likely a done with that engine. The new B8 S4 (new 09 A4/S4) sounds like it will be coming with a 4.2L V8 instead of some of the rumors I've been hearing about it coming with a twin turbo or supercharged V6. However in the refreshed A6 (coming out around the same time as the new A4) there is going to be a 3.0L supercharged as an option.

Also well over due in summer sometime the US will finally get a new 2.0T(detuned probably 200hp still) haldex quattro TT and A3. From what I was told it should be avaiilable in both dsg and true manual trans. Audi really messed up by not intially offering the A3 with a 2.0T and quattro so now they are making up for it.

Am I the only one excited about this? With the right tuning, and a manual tranny that car can be a monster! :wub:

Archived