LegacyGT.com

Potential buyer of '08 LGT 5-spd - Hesitation concerns?

Hi All,

First off, thanks for the wonderful feedback. It is no longer an issue for me, especially since I see a reflash is available. I've loved the Legacy GT for years, and now the 2008, with all of the improvements over the years, being available for 25,500 with a 5-spd and spoiler and decent financing rates...well, I'm pretty sold.

We're seriously considering a new car for my wife. She's going to check out a ~2005 Acura TL 6-speed with 30,000 miles on it...about the same price, a nice long warranty, and some additional features...but alot less performance oriented. And a 07 Infiniti G35....more around the 30k mark but very nice too. She'll need to decide how much luxury vs. sport she wants and how much she wants to pay for it...

But the Legacy is calling me too....if it got 26-27 MPG highway, I might consider it to replace my Civic.

Joe

Actually...wouldn't all NEW 08 LGTs come from the factory with the reflash?

I had a Drive-By-Wire (DBW) reflash on my 06 SI due to hesitation, jerkiness when engine cold, and a rev-hang condition upon throttle lift. After the reflash was issued, all new SIs were produced with it.

Anyone know if that's the case here and how long the reflash has been in effect?

Thanks,

joe

Rev hang...do you mean by that the car will stay in the high RPMs and not up shift???

I haven't notice any "stutter" in my new LGT (2.5 turbo AT-3k miles). I do notice a bit of a "turbo lag"...i think, this is my first turbo charged car, when I go to wot. experienced a bit of a rough idle in the morning from time to time when the car is cold...that's about it. :wub:Love the car.

Carter - The Civic SI 'Rev Hang' is for 6-speed models (there is no automatic Civic SI). The 'Rev Hang' is characterized by the RPMs staying at the level they were at when you push in the clutch, instead of falling naturally.

I.e.

Normal process - Speed to 3500 rpms in 2nd gear, push clutch in, rpms fall, put it into 3rd gear, smooth shift

Rev Hang Process - Speed to 3500 rpms in 2nd gear, push clutch in, rpms stay at 3500 rpms for ~1-2 seconds before falling, either get a jerky shift or wait for RPMs to fall.

It was very annoying...the reflash lessned it alot.

Joe

I have stutter in my 08 LGT 5MT, but havent taken it to dealer to see if they got a flash. but it doesnt really bother me at all.

That pretty much sums it up right there. I'm sure a lot of people have the stutter but just aren't bothered enough by it to complain about it. Other people might experience the exact same degree of stutter, but be such sticklers for perfection that it is a major nuisance (I count myself among them). Then there are those people who simply don't accelerate in such a way that they would ever notice the stutter, even though it be noticeable for another type of driver with the same car. Finally, there is the subset of LGT owners who genuinely don't have a car that stutters at all, under any kind of driving. That makes it very difficult to say what percentage of LGT owners actually have a stutter issue.

Reading threads like this, you'd think that every other car experiences the stutter, but who knows what the real numbers are.

Archived