LegacyGT.com

Pinks F/JDM LGT R = even wheel gaps

sactojesse

Notwithstanding the fact that I have a vested interest in selling my JDM GT wagon springs, I don't think mixing and matching spring sets is all that bad.

It would be different if the springs had the exact same rate F&R and you then introduced a diff spring rate for one or the other, but as it stands, the rates are already different front and rear per the earlier post by sactojesse:

USDM LGT springs F/R = 3.6 kgf/mm / 5.4 kgf/mm

STi pinks F/R = 3.9 kgf/mm / 5.9 kgf/mm

So, a spring with a similar rate should match up alright IMO. Sorry I don't have the JDM GT spring rates handy...

But, it's the added length that is the key here - the longer JDM GT spring will keep the car level, particularly with a load on, and combined with the bilstein strut, you get the damping you need.

That said, anyone interested in some used JDM GT wagon springs? :D

Sactojesse,

I am wondering if your gap issue is due to HD vs JDM Spec B rev. C/JDM Spec B?

I say this because when I had those on my car with JDM Spec B rev. C I had a near even ride with the following specs: 26" front and 25.75 rears from bottom of tire to fender.

Per Unclemat, who I picked up the JDM SpecB Rev C strut/spring package from originally:

"To be honest I don't know if the OEM SpecB springs I have are MT or AT. I had another set I sold and compared them - these I have for sale appear shorter so I guess they should be MT."

PM me and we can work something out regarding putting some $$ back in your pocket. I hate to see a unsatisfied buyer/enthusiast.

Morrisok

I am wondering if your gap issue is due to HD vs JDM Spec B rev. C/JDM Spec B?

I say this because when I had those on my car with JDM Spec B rev. C I had a near even ride with the following specs: 26" front and 25.75 rears from bottom of tire to fender.

Per Unclemat, who I picked up the JDM SpecB Rev C strut/spring package from originally:

"To be honest I don't know if the OEM SpecB springs I have are MT or AT. I had another set I sold and compared them - these I have for sale appear shorter so I guess they should be MT."

PM me and we can work something out regarding putting some $$ back in your pocket. I hate to see a unsatisfied buyer/enthusiast.

It could be the HDs. Everyone who's tried HDs w/ JDM LGT front springs has had the front end noticeably higher than the rear.

No worries about the deal. You sold me the goods promised for a great price. I probably owe you a beer. :lol:

sactojesse, I suspect there was something wrong with the install when you put JDM springs. There is NO WAY (assuming correct install) Pinks would drop 1.5 inches from JDM stock spring.

sactojesse, I suspect there was something wrong with the install when you put JDM springs. There is NO WAY (assuming correct install) Pinks would drop 1.5 inches from JDM stock spring.

Nope. Nothing wrong with the install. I installed the pinks the same way. I took care to ensure that the springs were properly seated in both cases. Others have had similar issues using JDM springs and HDs. There's the guy w/ the Liberty 2.5i in Australia who had to have his springs reset/lowered by 13mm and I believe CDN 2.5i had similar issues w/ the fronts being taller than before.

Ok, cool Sacojesse.. I had to throw it out there..

I used to make down to SFO a couple of times a year but not so much this year.. I will have to take you up on your offer if I am down there in O8 and can roadtrip up to Saco.

Morrisok

Nope. Nothing wrong with the install. I installed the pinks the same way. I took care to ensure that the springs were properly seated in both cases. Others have had similar issues using JDM springs and HDs. There's the guy w/ the Liberty 2.5i in Australia who had to have his springs reset/lowered by 13mm and I believe CDN 2.5i had similar issues w/ the fronts being taller than before.

Ok, I have no direct experience with HDs, but they look exactly the same as any flavor of JDM OEM Bilsteins.

What does it mean springs reset/lowered? Cut? :eek:

Still 1.5" inch drop between Pinks and JDM OEMs in front is absolutely different than my experience.

:confused::confused::confused:

He posted the exact process in his post about the whole thing - it was professionally done... I believe the spring was heated and reset to the desired length.

Not sure I have those services available to me locally or affordably for that matter, but for those that do, it sounds like a viable option.

Ok, I have no direct experience with HDs, but they look exactly the same as any flavor of JDM OEM Bilsteins.

Still 1.5" inch drop between Pinks and JDM OEMs in front is absolutely different than my experience.

:confused::confused::confused:

Visually, the pinks are a quite a bit (over an inch) shorter than the JDM LGT front springs and, as a result, were quite a bit easier to compress and install. The pinks look like they have one less coil than the JDM LGT fronts or the coils are more widely spaced in the pinks. I'm not sure how that translates into a ride height differential. The measured drop is using finger widths (1 finger = 3/4 inch), so it's approximate. Who knows, some of my fingers might be fatter than others. :lol:

Ok, cool Sacojesse.. I had to throw it out there..

I used to make down to SFO a couple of times a year but not so much this year.. I will have to take you up on your offer if I am down there in O8 and can roadtrip up to Saco.

Morrisok

Deal! :)

Archived