1. 1. Shake at idle?

• yes, it shakes at idle
    • no, it does not shake at idle

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whooptydoo,

Got a lumpy shake. It is very severe when stopped at lights in D mode. Then a steady CEL came on, but thank god Autozone was nearby and open, so I pulled the codes and it was 2 instances for P0302 - Cylinder #2 misfire.

Bad gas? Faulty injector? Wazzaaaap?!!!!

Is it ok to drive to the dealer with a cylinder misfire?

I keed I keeed

My car idles rough fm the moment it warms up till the moment i turn it off. It honestly feels like i have a v8 under the hood. I dont see the rpms jumping but the factory gauge isnt that precise.

• 2 weeks later...
My car idles rough fm the moment it warms up till the moment i turn it off. It honestly feels like i have a v8 under the hood. I dont see the rpms jumping but the factory gauge isnt that precise.

Same here!

FOr the ones with rough idle, WHat are your mods or at least intake?

I just had the car serviced for warranty issues, headlight, trunk latch, trunk floor hook blah blah blah. They also figured out why my car Idled rough ->misfire code, BAD INJECTOR. New one is on order. will report back when they replace it.

So after 30,000 miles on my GT 5MS, it started to shake violently on the highway in traffic. I don't mean the "boxer idle", I mean like the engine was going to fall out.. Any of these posts in regards to something of this nature? It did it randomly 3-4 times and lasted for 1-3 minutes each time, lasting longer on the later times. Any clues?

My car has a rough idle. It's not a big deal when the AC is off, but as soon as i switch it on, the idle becomes much more noticeable.

What's worse is the way it drives in low RPMs with the AC on. If I throw down 75% or more throttle, it behaves pretty well. However, during normal driving with 25% to 50% throttle, the car does not behave well.

The acceleration does not feel smooth through the pedal. I can feel hesitation throughout the climb in RPMs until they get to around 3,800, which is where I normally shift during casual driving. When I do shift, it feels as though the car nose dives when I release the clutch; a dramatic decrease in power. It's not smooth, like I've experienced in other cars. It's enough of a jerk to move my body a bit forward in my seat.

This probably a different issue, but it seems related to the idle issue. When my AC is on, the car's idle, acceleration, and shifting behavior are very suspect. I don't really know what to do. I've tried fuel injector cleaner. I have never put anything but 93 octane gas in it, and I've shopped around at different gas stations to make sure it wasn't a fuel problem (even though this only occurs when the AC is, which narrows down the problem and indicates it's not a fuel or injector issue). I have 4,700 miles on the car, and no upgrades, except for a new ECU. They tried to reflash mine a while back and it made the stuttering worse, so they ordered a brand new ECU. Could that be the problem? It's enough of an issue that it bothers me every day.

I feel ya!

Feels nice when you turn on the car UNTILL you touch the gas and the cold start goes away.

I was wondering if it were something with the mixture as when I start the car, since I have Lachute mufflers (free flow) the car seems increddibly ritch. Also have gotten a seconf Cyl 4 Missfire code (0304) when I leave it standing for a while.

Archived