LegacyGT.com

2008 Forester Sport VS 2008 Legacy GT

I didin't bash lesbians or gays.... I just said (in my own way) that many of them drive the car. LOL

I know a few that do. I don't know what it is either.

Of course you didn't mean it to come off as a snide juvenile remark.

You're the same guy that described the Legacy's stuttering issues as:

"They gave the car AIDS"

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1373112#post1373112

/reboot forums

/end child swim

/restart adult swim :)

Are you kidding me???

$28 295USD LGT sedan from the US

VS.

$40 295CND LGT sedan from Canada

Plus the Canadian dolar being stronger then the US about 1.06

so more like

$26 695CND in the US

VS

$40 295CND in Canada

PLUS no duties on the legacy because it's made in the US

No brainier

Obviously, Reading > you.

Notice I said wagon... find me a new '08 LGT Wagon (with a 5spd or 6spd) from the factory in the states and maybe I'll retract my statement.

well.....at risk of getting this thread back on topic.......i to am having the lgt fxt delema .......im more leaning towards the fxt lately b/c its gets a bit better mpg city and im assuming the insurence would be less being as its cheaper.....i also like that its big....i always wanted an suv but hate the "suv drive" feeling and with the fxt you feel like your in a car.....but i still am not sure b/c the lgt has way nicer interior and a 6spd so yeah thats my opinion

Your loss.

I don't have money coming outta my ass, but I'll pay the premium for a LGT 5spd Wagon in Canada.

ok fine I'll fix it

$26 695CND in the US for a LGT SEDAN

VS

$41,795CND in Canada for a LGT WAGON

You would pay the "premium" of about $15 000? for a LGT wagon?

I don't see how this is my loss?

I forgot about the Outback XT. Yes, that is the perfect hybrid of the LGT and FXT. If you want a wagon body with the civility of the LGT then the OBXT is a fantastic option.

As far as gas mileage goes between the two, our 04 FXT averaged about 20 MPG with about 30% city and 70% Interstate under some pretty extreme (READ: sprited) driving. The LGT sB we have gets the same spirited driving treatment and returns 1 MPG better with the exact same driving situation (with the addition of a new baby seat). I've heard the resaon the latest FXT aren't as fast as the earlier one's was due to gearing for better EPA numbers.

As far as insurance goes, our car insurance went up $8 dollars a month by switching to the 08 spec.B. Keep in mind I live in Omaha Nebraska (about 850,000 people), have two cars insured and a house with same insurance carrier. I'm over 25 (ugh, WAY over....) and married and 1 spirited driving ticket.

YMMV.

You may wanna hold out a bit longer as Subaru MAY bring an STI tuned version of both the Forester and the Outback by the end of the year.

Back on topic... I wanted a LGT wagon but it's now no longer available in the US. And I'm not going to pay a premium of $15 000 to buy a LGT wagon in Canada either. So it's either a LGT sedan or FSXT.

The pros and cons of each so far going by all the forms and coments

LGT sedan

PROS

quite ride

interior

handling (out of the box)

more leg room in the back

CONS

Storage (trunk space)

Insurance is more

Exterior (to me at least) but can be fixd with a few mods

FSXT

PROS

Storage

Ground Clarence

cheaper to insure

HUGE sun roof

Exterior (factory blacked out headlights and taillights, STi front lip, STi rims etc.)

CONS

Road noise

Interior quality

Suspension

anything anyone want to add??

If you ever decide to do any upgrades (power suspension etc.) the lgt is way more mod friendly. I've upgraded my suspension and it has made a world of difference. It all depends on what you are going to use the car for. If it is just for hauling stuff then get the forester, but if you have any incling of having a nice car, or a sporty car then get the LGT. It really is a much nicer car and it is still pretty capable of handling cargo. Worst case scenario you can always get a moving blanket, and those straps and strap stuff to the top (sheet rock, plywood, etc.) other than that I've found the trunk - backseats to be very roomy, but I have rear fold down seats. Do the 08 LGTs have those?

Sorry for being an ass.. ;)

I'm looking at getting an F for my parents as well.. Mom's in love with the car, Dad's on the fence. I don't think I'd get an XT for them, since power isn't as high on the list as safety and versatility.

The thing I wasn't too impressed with the Forester line was the pitching and body roll as you start/stop/turn. It's essentially a taller Impreza.

With Ford and Honda recently offering rebates and Chrysler dropping their prices to encourage us Canadians to shop here instead of stateside, I wonder how much longer it'll take for Subaru to follow suite. If you're not in the market for a car right now, I might wait a few months and see how it goes.

Personally since I'm an LGT Wagon owner, I don't see how I can drive anything else. Being 6'4", I didn't the F too comfortable. If you're more average, and like the F over the L, then by all means, go for it.

Just incase some of you were wondering I'm no stranger to subaru. I drive a modified impreza RS. Bought it brand new and have roughly put about $8000 in to it. I was planing a full STi swap but as a daily driver i decided to sell her and get something more practicle.

some pictures

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/ej25_TS2/grafbackside2-1.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/ej25_TS2/grafside.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/ej25_TS2/graffrontside.jpg

^Very, very cool RS! I dig the Nurburgring sticker too!

BTW, your list of pros and cons looks dead on based on my experience with the two cars. The STI (capital "I" these days;)) lip, wheels and tails are super cool and I wish they had been out when we got our 04 FXT. The GIANT moonroof wasn't available with a manual tranny back then either:mad:. Besides the t(l)amer gears these days, the FSTI is a sweet ride. <---that said, if you're gonna "fix" the FSTI suspension, then you could do the exact same thing to an OBXT and "voila", Legacy GT wagon with big (04-05 Forester-look) driving lights in the bumper.

Personally since I'm an LGT Wagon owner, I don't see how I can drive anything else. Being 6'4", I didn't the F too comfortable. If you're more average, and like the F over the L, then by all means, go for it.

Really? I think the forrester seat moves back farther then the legacy! I own a legacy and have a F rental car now, and I find it to be way more roomy.

Really? I think the forrester seat moves back farther then the legacy! I own a legacy and have a F rental car now, and I find it to be way more roomy.

Yeah, maybe it was also that the F only had a 4-way adjustable seat, unlike the better fitting 8-way in the LGT. I can't stand my fiancee's Impreza 2.5i either, I feel like my knees are gonna hit my chin.

Archived