LegacyGT.com

on position, whine under the hood

sde

[quote name='Th3Franz']I get it nearly every time I start up. I usually switch the car to "ON" for a couple seconds and then start the engine.[/QUOTE] Now THAT is the fuel pump I believe.. I think we're talking about the sound you get with you leave the key in ON, but without starting the engine and listen under the hood. hmm.. maybe the coil packs? Does sound like high voltage.

[quote name='ChruiSSer']Thanks man. I'm actually a salesman at a Subaru dealership, so I'm pretty knowledgeable on these cars. Consiquently I'm ordering my GT tomorrow(monday). The only problem is what color.....It's been 2 weeks and I still haven't decided.[/QUOTE] a car salesman who knows something? OMG :lol: Just playin' man. Couldn't resist. :D

So it's not the FPR or ABS priming for operation? TBW would have some kind of solenoid or servo to make that kind of noise? Has anyone had a friend turn the key to the ON position while they themselves listened, "ear-down" over the various electronics to isolate where the noise is coming from? I'll definitely listen to the engine bay the next opportunity I get. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yup me and another salesman/buddy of mine did that to see where it came from. All the 05 do it becuase they are all ETC. haha I'll even laugh at that. I've only been doin sales for 3 months and I know more than the other guy who's been here for a year or so. It's tough to remember EVERYTHING about EVERY model and EVERY option that is available. And once you've got it down, they change it all for the next model year. haha

Fantastic to have another HIGH CLASS Member onboard ChruiSSer. Now Im sure ppl will take you by the hand and lead you down the blue, the black, the maroon something or other or you could go the CLASSIC SILVER, trust me my friend, the only time these other colours look ANY GOOD is when they are in...... what for it, the SHOWROOM as you would know. No swirls or marks with Silver, hey could Mercedes Benz be that wrong ??????? Adam. PS Best of luck with the colour choice and keep us in the loop with your decision, this could be interesting.

Well fella's I picked up my Obsidian GT tonight. I actually de-tailed and prepped it myself. I saw the guy that we have detail cars scratch the h*ll out of a STi and I told him he's never touching a Black car again. I'm gonng throw on a coat of Meguir's tomorrow, and maybe I'll get some Zaino or something for further down the road. The wax they use is a show wax and I'm dreading washing the car because the wax has no protection. Anywho it's a Black 5spd with Taupe interior. I love the thing. I thought I was going to be disapointed, escpecially because I was set on a STi, but this car is the BETTER car overall. I've got some mods instore for it. I'm shooting for at least 300 to the wheels. The exterior will stay stock, I'll just get a set of coilovers, and the STi Legacy rear lip (which I'm still iffy about). There were only a handful of black GT's with Taupe interior in the area, and even less without the US spoiler. I'll post pics in the next week or so. Something is telling me I might have a new digi-cam on the way. And I would have gotten silver, but all my cars have been black and my mom's car is silver with black interior, and two of them would be weird. P.S. - It came with the security system upgrade.....and I threw in a Short throw. I'm curious as to what you guys think about what % tint I should go. I'm going to do all the windows except the windshield. I'm thinking like 25% or so...any suggestions?

Archived