LegacyGT.com

I have a wiring question......

mcsquish

I have an idea that in theory should work (we all know how that works), but can't figure out if it is possible. After the last batch of fog that I drove through, I really hate not being able to turn on just the fog-lights and parking lights. I am going to do the fog-light mod, but I really don't want to disconnect the DRL. So I began to wonder if it is possible to make the switch for the parking lights, that is on the steering column, into a switch that would turn off the DRL when you turn on the parking lights. I have searched to see if anyone else has tried this and looked through the photos from my 2005 vacation, but I am not an electrical person........If I tried to figure it out alone, when I flipped the switch, the back window of my LGT wagon might go up and down.......:eek:

.....So I began to wonder if it is possible to make the switch for the parking lights, that is on the steering column, into a switch that would turn off the DRL when you turn on the parking lights. .....

Yes, I have done something like that. I disconnected this switch from the parking light circuit, and use it to control a relay, which controls the DRLs. In one position, the DRLs operate normally, in the other position, the DRLs are always off.

Archived