LegacyGT.com

Ran my first set of Logs

SlightlyEvil

If any of the old hounds here are willing I'd appreciate it if they'd take a look at them. The car feels like it's running strong but I appreciate any input. Current setup at logging time was:

MR Catback

MR catless UP

Invidia catted DP

Cobb St2 map OTS 1.16 91 Octane

11deg C temp

I've looked over the numbers and most of them make sense to me, but the knock correction stuff and engine timing eludes me. I know what it is, but I'd appreciate if someone out there who knows could explain it to me? I'm unsure why my KC columns all read 0 the whole way, I think I might have logged the wrong type of KC though... you be the judge.

I know I didn't run it *fully* up to redline in 2nd and 3rd completely but it was a bit of a wet night to be doing this... and I have a few too many tickets as it is. :rolleyes:

2nd gear pull

http://www.chrishoare.ca/2ndgearpull.csv

3rd gear pull

http://www.chrishoare.ca/3rdgearpull.csv

4th gear pull

http://www.chrishoare.ca/4thgearpull.csv

Sorry, no way to convert them to PDF at the moment...

Let me know if there's a parameter I should be logging that's vital.. I went by the sticky for my first run.

You can just right click and save the files, don't open them in your browser or yes they'll just be comma'd.

Legacy05: Yea, I realize now that I selected the wrong type of knock logging, but that is what the website specifically said to log... live and learn. Back I go!

^^

+1..some knock around 3,300RPM..

Boost seems a little low to me, you are only hitting 16psi...I thought the Cobb OTS map added a little more boost.

Everything else seems good, the MAF reading looks very good @ 238.

You don't list an aftermarket intake as being installed, but your A/F Learned makes me wonder. In any case, with over 5% fuel being pulled you're running a bit lean and producing some good performance numbers. However, you're pulling some timing and it is doubtlessly octane related, I suspect "winter fuel" has arrived making each octane category less than it was a couple months ago. On that 4th gear pull you pulled almost 6% fuel, quite a bit IMHO. No intake? :) Seems odd that Cobb's map would be that far off....... unless the gas you have is really bad.

There is NO knock at 3300 rpm.

That's the IAT comp B table turning off.

KC = IAM x DA + Feedback Knock Correction + Fine Learning Knock Correction

You don't need to log KC if you log the thre three parameters that make up KC.

However, I would get rid of either MRP or Boost error since they are telling you the same thing. Choose one or the other.

You don't need AFR correction. AFR Learning can be checked when you are in your driveway.

the one place you do have knock is in your 4th gear log at 4149 rpm. Not a big deal. Looks like this map is working fine for you.

Thanks for lookin at them guys - appreciate all your input/opinions. No, I have the stock intake and always have. I did have a wicked leak at one point but that was exhaust related and the ECU has been totally reset since then so any learning should be entirely on the setup as is.

Yes we're on winter gas up here now, and its pretty crap from what I hear from those in the know. Plus we're on the high side of ethanol mix i think.

Mickey - thanks a lot for looking. So no need to do another run with just KC logged since its made up of the other parms I DID log?

Anyone know a more advanced FAQ regarding the more common params for logging and what to look for in the 2.5T specifically? The sticky is a good primer on how to log but now what to look for or what a lot of the more vague params mean to a newb like me.

As you become more familiar with each parameter, you will find that you will log different parameters for different purposes.

Most people are checking for knock. You've already checked that for your WOT runs.

Partial throttle knock checking is much more difficult. You can try my statistical table here:

http://www.enginuity.org/viewtopic.php?t=2546

If you are tuning boost and / or fuel, you will log different parameters.

A lot of parameters you need to only check right before and after a log. Hopefully, one day enginuity will have a poll function that will poll those parameters when the logger is started and stopped.

It's the IAT B Compensation. At least, that's what merchgod calls it.

It's an oddball timing compensation that turns off somewhere between 3000 and 3500 rpm depending upon load. I deactivate it and tune base timing. Take a look at Cobb OTS logs, they all have it. I don't understand the logic, so you may want to keep it. However, I do know that the way Subaru implemented it is not smooth at all. Even though the table is a function of temperature, Subaru filled the entire table with the same value, 3.16 degrees, so it really doesn't vary with temperature. It does shut off at a certain rpm/load level. It just shuts off. It's not smooth at all. We can look in the rom to see the implementation but I have no clue why Subaru would put a constant value in something that varied with IAT.

KC doesn't change. Only total timing changes due to compensation. KC is an indicator of knock and is a function of the three main knock parameters that I listed in the previous post.

The IAT A Compensation makes sense so you don't want to touch that.

Archived