LegacyGT.com

2008 LGT 5EAT Almost stalling but not...

Its begining to get very cold here, 20's and 30's at night now, 40s and 50s maybe during the day. When I am driving, in the morning or at night, in the cold and come to a light, and then let off the brake and onto the gas, the car comes so close to stalling, the RPMs dip and the car shudders like it will stall. The car is usually warmed up at that point, but it is worse when it is cold. I did have MAF voltage too low, and IAT temp too high codes a few weeks ago. Dealer said the MAF connector was undone. I cleaned the MAF with MAF Cleaner and it hasnt seemed to help. Any ideas? It has stalled on me before, but I contribute that to the oil overloaded SPT intake I had. Stock box and filter are back on now.

GodWhoIsMike had a similar issue with his car. He also had the SPT intake.

I think they finally found that it was a bad injector or 2 IIRC.

Search and you shall find!

X

Bad injector(s). Wide open injector all the time, fine when the car was accelerating or moving, but when braking, idling, or sitting at a light/stop sign - the car would vibrated like a mechanical bull. They had to send a SOA engineer to figure it out, and determined that the injector was bad.

I have the enginutiy software and tactrix cable, I have logged simple things like engine load, manifold pressure, and other simple things. I'm not too familiar with it, but is there a way to log each injectors duty cycle?

• 3 weeks later...
It almost happened to me tonight. Only in the cold and only when the engine isnt fully warmed up. It vibrates harshly, and once it backfired under maybe 50% throttle. I guess I have to take it back to the dealer yet again. This really gets old. You buy a car that you love (or thought you did) and it ends up not living up to your expectations, heck, it doesnt even live up to being a semi well functioning car.

Archived