LegacyGT.com

The PT cruising no longer

The other two models likely to be axed are the Dodge Magnum station wagon and the Chrysler Pacifica, a crossover vehicle that looks like a sport-utility vehicle but is built on the same platform as the company's minivans.

That sucks. I like the Magnum. :(

The Pacifica was an interesting vehicle, but it was dogged by a high MSRP and too many Celine Dion commercials. ;)

Perhaps the Magnum has been ailing because its only offered in RWD and bread and butter Dodge buyers like FWD.

I doubt that most non-truck Dodge buyers care whether a car is FWD or RWD. If they did care, RWD would be a boon, not a detriment. Nobody looks for FWD anymore because 90%+ of the passenger cars in the U.S. are FWD. For those in the market for a large wagon, as opposed to a crossover or truck-based SUV, the Magnum is the only domestic game in town. The Magnum's biggest failing has been its, IMO, ugly grille. Putting a 300C grille on a Magnum would address that issue.

That sucks. I like the Magnum. :(

The Pacifica was an interesting vehicle, but it was dogged by a high MSRP and too many Celine Dion commercials. ;)

Pacifica is on its own unique chassis, don't listen to the press they have their heads up their ass!

The Avenger/Sebring better get refreshed awfully quick IMO. Also, in no way shape or form are these on a Mitsu chassis or built in a Mitsu plant.

Durango should leave, the Aspen is really nice for the $$$, but needs it's own identity (styling).

Dump the Magnum, more business for Subaru.

Perhaps the Magnum has been ailing because its only offered in RWD and bread and butter Dodge buyers like FWD.

Excellent point and probably why all our RWD sales are sagging. AWD LX cars fly out of here.

IMO, I think the styling was just too controversial for most buyers.

The Challenger please FTW!!!!!!

Like I said before they just keep pounding the market with the same Magnum, the same 300, the same Pacifica and the same PT Cruiser. The PT Cruiser has been the same car, right down to its pathetic solid rear axle, for seven years. Seven!! The 300, Magnum and Pacifica are on year three with no change in sight.

I hope one day Chrysler will stop this marketing policy where you introduce the same exact car for as long as the market can take it, then kill it off. Or at least get smarter about doing it. I mean look at Ford, at least they try to hide the fact that the "new" Escape and Focus are the same car by using some fancier sheet metal lol :) The Focus has been the same car for seven years just like the PT cruiser but you can't tell by looking at it.

Yeah - as usual, GM is sinking more cash into a car people probably don't want anyway. They didn't even want it when it was new since the PTC was already "old news" by the time GM could get their clone onto the market.

Archived