LegacyGT.com

Good Price?

Blugin

That quote did not include TTL. We eventually settled on invoice price to seal the deal... Recommend talking to the people in Irvine for invoice minus $600, which is what I'd pursue if I could do it all over.

If you want to stay local to San Diego, talk to Leann, the Subaru Brand Manager at Rancho Imports in San Diego. She is selling at invoice right now for anything she has instock or on the way (STI excluded of course). Her email is [email="leann@mail.ranchoautogroup.com"]leann@mail.ranchoautogroup.com[/email]. [color=#333366]8118 Clairemont Mesa Blvd (just west of the 163N) San Diego, CA 92111 858-278-7100 [/color] Or you can talk to Dave McKracken at Bob Baker Subaru in El Cajon. He's selling at $200 over invoice but is likely to negotiate if the car has been in the stable for a while or if he's going to lose a sale to Rancho. [color=#333366]900 Arnele Ave (across from Home Depot and Tipton Honda) El Cajon , CA 92020 619-440-0404[/color] SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 year later...
take into effect the profits made from used cars also. i have seen recent market reports from manheim that show when properly negotiated, dealers stand to make at least $2500 on a used 2005 Subaru if it is purchased at a wholesale auction, even more if they get a good trade. I have been in contact w/ many dealers looking for an '05 LGT LTD, Preferably 5MT, but will settle for an auto, w/ spoiler. In white, silver, atl blue or garnet red. Interior does not matter, so long as it is leather. Also a sunroof. Lowest price I have found is $22500. This car was purchased at an auction, so lets say that they bought it for $20200. They are making $2300 on the used deal..These days, all franchised dealers are using their used operations to boost profit margins because of informed consumers using the internet to get the best deals on the new vehicles. Bottom line is, every business exists to make a profit which pays for inventory, employees, insurance, etc,etc. It is up to the consumer to be educated enough to feel comfortable with the deal they have made.

take into effect the profits made from used cars also. i have seen recent market reports from manheim that show when properly negotiated, dealers stand to make at least $2500 on a used 2005 Subaru if it is purchased at a wholesale auction, even more if they get a good trade. I have been in contact w/ many dealers looking for an '05 LGT LTD, Preferably 5MT, but will settle for an auto, w/ spoiler. In white, silver, atl blue or garnet red. Interior does not matter, so long as it is leather. Also a sunroof. Lowest price I have found is $22500. This car was purchased at an auction, so lets say that they bought it for $20200. They are making $2300 on the used deal..These days, all franchised dealers are using their used operations to boost profit margins because of informed consumers using the internet to get the best deals on the new vehicles. Bottom line is, every business exists to make a profit which pays for inventory, employees, insurance, etc,etc. It is up to the consumer to be educated enough to feel comfortable with the deal they have made.

Best quote I got from any dealer on my 05 LGT Ltd 5sp was $18,500. They even went on to say that most folks would prefer the automatic.

Archived