LegacyGT.com

225/45/17s on Stock Rims

grovlet

Looking at new tires and after reading the Wheel Faq it appears that 225/45/17s will fit on an 05 GT....

But I see that there are a lots of posts where folks upgrade to wider rims for this size.

The real question is will they fit on a stock Rim???

I've done 225/45/17 on both stock rims and aftermarket 8in wide.

Upgrading is nice, but I wouldn't say its necessary.

It might be necessary in New Jersey/New York with all the horrible roads.:mad:

The ride is a lot more comfortable for me since switching to 225s

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

It might be necessary in New Jersey/New York with all the horrible roads.:mad:

The ride is a lot more comfortable for me since switching to 225s

I'll second that. I drive from VA to PA and the roads in PA are awful. The 225's give a little extra rubber between your rims and the road. I have the Bridgestone RE-960 AS, which tend to run a little narrow, thus the 225 width would be appropriate.

I'll second that. I drive from VA to PA and the roads in PA are awful. The 225's give a little extra rubber between your rims and the road. I have the Bridgestone RE-960 AS, which tend to run a little narrow, thus the 225 width would be appropriate.

Well Looking to put the 960s on stock rims for now.... :cool:

Just got the car and the wife's already not too happy it needs brakes and tires:spin:

Although I knew that going in, I just didn't tell her:wub: plus I also like putting better tires and brakes on anyways, so it fits my bill;)

Thanks all:icon_cool

Archived