LegacyGT.com

Remote start on 2007 LGT - tach and immobilizer

SIDrive

I've looked and the info on this site does not appear to match my 07' LGT. I lifted up the passenger carpet and located the ECM. The 4 plugs have a different footprint than the attachment posted in this thread http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21909&highlight=tach+pink

I found the only pink wire and put my Fluke oscope on it and it does have a waveform that varies with rpm. But it is not pin 23 in the 34 pin plug.

Also, can I interface with the factory transponder ring with the Directed Electronics 556U Immobilizer. Or do I need to put the supplied Directed ring next to the factory ring.

Thanks for any help guys. I haven't installed a remote start / alarm in about 5 years.

Civilization has brought Evolution to a screeching halt

2007 Legacy GT auto

1989 Turbo Trans AM

1987 Buick Grand National

1983 DeLorean (Buick turbo transplant)

I have a remote starter mostly working in my 2008 2.5i Limited. I used the Directed Electronics 556UW module to take care of the transponder key.

I did not try to tap into the factory transponder ring, I used the one supplied with the module. I'm not sure how it is on the '07, but once you pop open the steering wheel shroud you will find that the key light around the ignition has a nice lip on it. I put the ring behind this lip and it works great.

I know that Directed says our cars are supposed to use the 556UW for 2004-2006 Subaru's, of course we are 2007, supposedly the DEI 1100 are supposed to work on all new cars. Which transponders does everyone have with their DEI systems.

BTW DEI now has the manual bypass system for manual transmissions

agnt86, what unit did you install? I am looking to install a starter/alarm

I mostly installed a DEI AutoCommand, model 20095. Most of it works. The climate control does not come on when the car starts, and I have been unable to find the wire to tap to get the rear defrost to trigger from the remote. I expect both will work once I find/tap the appropriate wires.

I've also had trouble getting it to play nice with the factory alarm. But, since it comes with a much better alarm, I just set the factory alarm to valet mode (aka off) and rely on the starter alarm.

FYI - the 556UW works perfectly for the immobilizer on my 2008.

The climate control does not come on when the car starts, and I have been unable to find the wire to tap to get the rear defrost to trigger from the remote. I expect both will work once I find/tap the appropriate wires.

Are you applying 12v to both ign wires? I remember back when I was installing, many cars needed 12v on both ign wires.

Civilization has brought Evolution to a screeching halt

2007 Legacy GT auto

1989 Turbo Trans AM

1987 Buick Grand National

1983 DeLorean (Buick turbo transplant)

Archived