LegacyGT.com

Remote Starter Won't Turn on Climate/Defrost

Agnt86

Hey folks,

I'm hoping you guys can help me out a bit here. The car is a 2008 2.5i Limited.

I've got a DEI remote starter. We've got it in the car and mostly functioning. The key bypass, shock, and glass break modules are working. The car starts, doors lock/unlock, and trunk pops. However, we are having a little trouble when the car starts remotely.

We have been unable to find the wire to activate the rear defroster from the remote. Can anyone tell us where to find it, and what we need to hit it with?

Also for some reason, when the car starts remotely, the climate control does not come on. The factory radio comes on, but the climate control stays off. As soon as I get in the car and turn the key to the "On" position, the climate control fires right up. We're thinking we need to find a wire to activate that as well, but we don't know where it is or what we need to hit it with.

Can anyone throw me a bone? :)

Did you get this figured out yet? I'm at the same point. Remote start works but the climate controls do not turn on. Have you applied power to the accessory wire by the ign switch? Since the radio and climate controls are connected, maybe that wire needs 12v. I can't work on this until later tomorrow but I will try that.

Civilization has brought Evolution to a screeching halt

2007 Legacy GT auto

1989 Turbo Trans AM

1987 Buick Grand National

1983 DeLorean (Buick turbo transplant)

Did you get this figured out yet? I'm at the same point. Remote start works but the climate controls do not turn on. Have you applied power to the accessory wire by the ign switch? Since the radio and climate controls are connected, maybe that wire needs 12v. I can't work on this until later tomorrow but I will try that.

Never figured it out. For now, I took the starter out as I'm troubleshooting some other electrical things and don't need more variables in there.

I made a thread over on 12volt with the same question and was told to power both ignition wires and the accessory wire. I was pretty sure I had already done so to no avail.

Applying 12v to the accessory circuit did the trick. Climate control works now.

Civilization has brought Evolution to a screeching halt

2007 Legacy GT auto

1989 Turbo Trans AM

1987 Buick Grand National

1983 DeLorean (Buick turbo transplant)

Archived