LegacyGT.com

We just received our first legacy........

As things are often slow here just as with everything else we have not seen or heard of anything at all at the local dealerships. I talked to the two in town this week THurs & Fri and they are still expecting them in at least mid June. They have no indication of prices or whether they will be going for the new 2005 Legacy classes. So we still have to ponder on this one. :roll:

My dealer told me that the non-turbo models should show up in May. FWIW he said the GT's will be more like June or even July. One of the old articles by one of the online auto magazines also indicated that the GT's would come later. So.....we wait. I also think that the plane Jane Legacy is going to be a pretty nice car, more than comparable to similiar Accords, Calamities (err, Camry's) and Passats.

[quote name='SoldonSubie']I also think that the plane Jane Legacy is going to be a pretty nice car, more than comparable to similiar Accords, Calamities (err, Camry's) and Passats.[/quote] We're all drooling over the 250/250 motor and are forgetting that the NA model will also be a very capable car, more than a match for 4-cylinder Accord's and Campers (a Camry is to the twisties like water is to oil).

I believe that the NA car will be very respectable. I think that it will compare very well to the TSX which I am now peddling, although the interior won't be as nice. However, I'd take the AWD Leg NA over a TSX even with the fewer amenities and fit/finish. The Mazda6 is maybe even closer in character and target especially now that there will be a Mazda6 wagon. Again, I'd prefer the NA Legacy.

Agreed: Think about it. $21k (MSRP) for a base 2.5i sedan w AWD. A car that will be equal to an a4 1.8t and only marginally slower (8.1 sec to 60 vs. approximately 8.5 for the Legacy). Really a no brainer in that segment of the market. I came this close to trading my 01 Outback for an 04 35th annivaesary wagon. Given my equity in the Outback I would have had a new car for like $165 a month with the 1.9% they were offering. But, like everybody else, I was drooling over the 05 GT. Another thing to consider is that the GT sedan STICKERS only about $2.5k over what the run-o-the-mill WRX with the wing and tweeters goes for.

Archived