LegacyGT.com

Injector Question Utec Question

oi8ur5.0

Hey folks,

I may become an owner of an 08 GT in the next few weeks/months. I have some parts that were going to go on my 04 FXT...but never did.

I have a set of unused perrin modded injectors (820CC) that were intended for an 04 FXT/STI Motor. Will these work on an 08 Legacy ? (Yes I searched....and yes I intend on putting a Green or slighlty larger Turbo on the GT)

I also have a STI UTEC that was intended for the same motor. (don't know the version off hand) It's safe to say that it's an 04 STI compatible UTEC....and I also want to know if this will be upgradable to work with the 08 LGT ECU ??

I've repeatedly e-mailed TXS on this question...and I have not received a response. Maybe someone here knows.

Thanks for your help. I intend on representing the LGT proudly.

:)

Injectors....i wanna say NO.

Im not to well known on this stuff, but according to the rallitek website, the 07-08 LGT's/05-07 STis/Fxt's have Top-Feed Injectors, while the 04 Sti/FXT and 05-06 LGT have side feed injectors.

i suggest you sell the injectors on NASIOC

For a small amount of time, TurboXS listed your UTEC as compatible with the 07 LGT on their website but a forum member specifically asked them and they told him no. They said only the UTEC Delta will work with the 07+.

I know that there were some significant changes to the 07 STi rom. Very few people know much about the 07+ LGT rom.

You can sell your injectors on this forum to a 05-06 member and buy another set of injectors. FWIW, the stock 07 injectors are slightly larger than the 05-06. Not that it will help you.

I also have a STI UTEC that was intended for the same motor. (don't know the version off hand) It's safe to say that it's an 04 STI compatible UTEC....and I also want to know if this will be upgradable to work with the 08 LGT ECU ??

I've repeatedly e-mailed TXS on this question...and I have not received a response. Maybe someone here knows.

TurboXS is not the best about answering emails. Go ahead and give them a call, every time I called they were SUPER helpful! Thumbs up to TurboXS!

Regarding your unit (assuming you have UTEC Delta, not the old UTEC), the unit should work with LGT '08. However, you will need to obtain a drive by wire firmware for it. This firmware is not listed on their website, so you must call and ask them to email to you. I have a copy too, if you need it. Also, your wiring harness will NOT work with LGT '08. You will need to order another one from TurboXS. I think it's around $200.

I am excited to see more members wanting to go UTEC route. There are a lot of benefits to going UTEC vs. ECU flash (of course there are a lot of benefits to the flash that UTEC can't provide too). UTECs are easy to setup & tune. According to TurboXS, base maps for '06 WRX will work on LGTs. Of course, take precautions and datalog to make sure nothing funky is happening. I drove on WRX Stg2 for 2 weeks prior to getting a tune, and never experienced knock or other problems.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate it.

I actually did call TXS today.......and found out that the 04-06 UTEC cannot be used on a 07-08. What I have is not Delta

My UTEC can however run the DELTA software up to the most current version....so that's a plus for whomever takes it off my hands.

Funny thing is...is that I live just about 45 minutes from TXS..and I was one of the first customer UTECS tuned on their DYNO back in 02 (with my REX)....so I intend to keep supporting the platform (it helps that I will have them tune it) as long as I am local and their solution rocks. Which it does.

Anyway....thanks again for the info. I just carpet bombed all the Subaru forums with some sale threads.

:spin:

Archived