LegacyGT.com

Audi pricing for its A5/S5 series:

Audi Announces U.S. Pricing for 2008 A5 and S5 Models

Source: Audi of America

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – Audi of America, Inc. today announced pricing for the all-new 2008 A5 and S5 coupes. A5 models with a six-speed manual transmission will start at $39,900 and S5 models with a six-speed manual start at $50,500. Both the A5 and S5 have asymmetric quattro® all-wheel drive standard. Destination charges are $775 for both models, and are not included in the base price. Six-speed Tiptronic® automatic transmissions are available for both models and are a $1,300 option.

Manual transmission S5 models will arrive at dealers in November 2007. All A5 models and Tiptronic S5 cars will be available in spring of 2008.

The 2008 A5 is powered by 3.2 FSI V6 engine with the new Audi Valvelift System, and produces 265 hp at 6500 rpm and 243 ft.-lbs. of torque between 3250-5000 rpm. The S5 has a 4.2 FSI V8 engine making 354 hp at 6800 rpm and 325 ft.-lbs. of torque at 3500 rpm. Both engines give the new coupe breath-taking acceleration. The A5 takes just 5.8 seconds from 0-60 mph, while the S5 is an even faster 4.9 seconds.

All coupe models will come with numerous luxury features as standard such as leather covered power front seats, three-zone automatic climate control, in-dash six-CD changer and Sirius® satellite radio, electromechanical parking brake, driver info display, rain and light sensor for automatic lights and wipers, and a leather-covered, multi-function tilt and telescoping three spoke steering wheel. A5 models come with 18-inch alloy wheels while S5 models have 19-inch alloy wheels with performance tires.

The A5 has a comprehensive list of options that enhance the model in styling, comfort, and sportiness. A $1,850 Convenience package includes bi-xenon headlamps, heated front seats, HomeLink®, driver seat and mirror memory, heated, auto-dimming, and power folding exterior mirrors, and auto-dimming interior mirror with compass. For drivers who value performance, there is the $2,900 S line Sport package consisting of more aggressive front and rear bumpers with headlight washers, sport suspension, 19-inch alloy wheels with performance tires, sport seats, brushed aluminum interior trim, black headliner, and S line interior and exterior badging.

Options that are available on both the A5 and S5 include Audi Navigation system ($2,390), 505-watt Bang & Olufsen® audio system ($850), and Audi side assist ($500). Both models also have an available $1,700 Technology package that includes Audi rear parking system with rear-view camera, adaptive headlights, and Advanced key.

http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/a5-s5-us-pricing/header2.jpg

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

A Spec B in Canada is $50k. Wonder what the S5 will be priced at. I'm very tired of the astronomical pricing differences / rip off US vs. Canada.

You guys should start a boycott, and ONLY buy from the US...

This is ridiculous, mainly now that CD is almost 1:1 ratio to the USD!!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

You guys should start a boycott, and ONLY buy from the US...

This is ridiculous, mainly now that CD is almost 1:1 ratio to the USD!!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

A lot of Canadians have tried to do just that, to be be met by manufacturers telling their US dealers not to sell to Canadians. Honda just announced this policy earlier in the week.

A lot of Canadians have tried to do just that, to be be met by manufacturers telling their US dealers not to sell to Canadians. Honda just announced this policy earlier in the week.

Unless you are financing, they don't have to know where you are/live...

Put my address in there for Christ's sake...:eek::eek::eek:

It just pisses me off to see people getting ripped off man...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

For $40K I'd rather get a 335i or spend a bit more for a 335Xi

As much as I love the current 3 series its becoming a bit hackneyed. Id rather ride around in an A5 and with a starting price below $40k I am impressed. I'd prefer the 2.7T engine though.

I've done the new car inspection on our demo one, and we already sold one of the 4 we'll get this year. Only the S5's are out as of now and they are all manual trans. The sticker prices on both were around $59K. They were both fairly loaded though. I was supposed to be taking the demo one home for the night for kicks, but it never happened.

http://cycle-planet.com/chris/S5.jpg

I've done the new car inspection on our demo one, and we already sold one of the 4 we'll get this year. Only the S5's are out as of now and they are all manual trans. The sticker prices on both were around $59K. They were both fairly loaded though. I was supposed to be taking the demo one home for the night for kicks, but it never happened.

http://cycle-planet.com/chris/S5.jpg

I envy you dude...

:lol::lol::lol:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I envy you dude...

:lol::lol::lol:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I wouldn't envy me too much. I still got to fix them when they break. I did get to take a customer's RS4, and another customer's new S6 home. For some unknown reason I never get a convertable to take home on a nice day though. Its a garbage camera phone pic but that particular S5 is called some wierd gray color. To me it looks blue. Unfortunately it has red interior (which looks good with black, white, or even silver cars just not that color).

On a side note while leaving today I could swear I saw a white RS4. Ive seen pretty much all the colors including the glut orange(if you go in NASIOC in OT look for a thread titled the general lee RS4) one the owner of the dealership has, but this would be the first white RS4 I've ever seen.

psi365 - how is the new TT 3.2 coupe? Is it worth it, and how does it compare with the 2.0T?

Well unfortunately here is the problem. The 2.0T TT is fwd dsg only. You can't get one in stick or awd. However one new thing that they did do is have the 3.2 available in stick (before it was dsg only). So far the new TT is worlds better then the old one, not nearly as many rattles or complaints. That being said, if you don't absolutely need awd, I'd go 2.0T and save the cash. They are plenty quick when you learn how to drive the dsg right (downshift into the gear before you take the turn and shift up going out. DSG won't allow you to downshift while in a turn). I've never really been a fan of the 3.2. It just never really felt like a it had any guts to it. There were/are rumors of Audi killing the 3.2L and putting the 3.6L FSi in there. Not sure if or when it is going to happen.

... There were/are rumors of Audi killing the 3.2L and putting the 3.6L FSi in there. Not sure if or when it is going to happen.

That's what I read also on Audiworld forums too last month I believe...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

That's what I read also on Audiworld forums too last month I believe...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I think I just read some where that there is going to be a TT-S (non Sline). Supposed to be a 2.0T awd with 265hp (euro S3 engine).

Well unfortunately here is the problem. The 2.0T TT is fwd dsg only. You can't get one in stick or awd. However one new thing that they did do is have the 3.2 available in stick (before it was dsg only). So far the new TT is worlds better then the old one, not nearly as many rattles or complaints. That being said, if you don't absolutely need awd, I'd go 2.0T and save the cash. They are plenty quick when you learn how to drive the dsg right (downshift into the gear before you take the turn and shift up going out. DSG won't allow you to downshift while in a turn). I've never really been a fan of the 3.2. It just never really felt like a it had any guts to it. There were/are rumors of Audi killing the 3.2L and putting the 3.6L FSi in there. Not sure if or when it is going to happen.

Thanks for the info. I always liked the Audi TT. I remember test driving the last generation 3.2, and loved the DSG and the exhaust note.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for bumping this?

but. did you see the pricing for these in Europe? 55000 Euros!!!! Thats $80000!! To ship a car from US to Europe is under $10000 (container+insurance) I wonder if Audi is gonna sell anything in Europe?

Or am I missing something?

With dollar taking an even bigger nose dive in near future, this is going to be a bargain car for anyone outside US

sorry for bumping this?

but. did you see the pricing for these in Europe? 55000 Euros!!!! Thats $80000!! To ship a car from US to Europe is under $10000 (container+insurance) I wonder if Audi is gonna sell anything in Europe?

Or am I missing something?

With dollar taking an even bigger nose dive in near future, this is going to be a bargain car for anyone outside US

I'm not totally sure what the germans are thinking these days. The S5 is probably one of the nicest if not the nicest looking model we have. They've only released the S5 so far and not the A5. On top of that we will only see a total of maybe 4 this calender year. We are iirc the 3rd highest A8 dealer and we can't get our hands on them unless its ordered under a customers name. They used to include services with the price of the car and now you have to buy the service package. They've also cut back on salespeople's incentives and the margins (amount they earn per car...... I think they get something like $150 per A3 they sell) to the bone. Warranty claoms are being bounced for stupid stuff and they are almost extorting money from dealers for selling their product. It's a pretty grim time for Audi/VW right now.

Archived