LegacyGT.com

LGT Wagon Pinks Install w/ Pics

hal9e3

I finally made use of this write up last night and today. It made things slide along smoothly! Having the torque settings listed was also very much appreciated. In total it took me about 5 hours to do the install by myself. And the floor jack definitely came in handy when I had to untorque one of the lower rear strut bolts. All in all the car looks even better and body roll is gone for the most part.

(Installed Ion springs instead of pinks.)

• 1 month later...

I used:

Breaker bar - lower strut bolt F&R

12mm socket - F tophat bolt

19mm offset+allen key - F upper strut nut

10mm socket - brake/ABS line bolts

19mm 6pt socket - lower strut bolt & nut F&R

14mm open/box - rear upper mount

Torque wrench

Jack & stands

• 1 year later...
What should I torque the rear struts lower bolts to? I was able to get them off with just a 12 inch socket wrench with no need of my 26 inch breaker bar. I have a torque wrench, but from the sound of how hard it is to get it off my torque wrench might not even read that high!!

What should I torque the rear struts lower bolts to? I was able to get them off with just a 12 inch socket wrench with no need of my 26 inch breaker bar. I have a torque wrench, but from the sound of how hard it is to get it off my torque wrench might not even read that high!!

From post # 1

Here are the torque specs:

1) Upper shock bolts - 22.4 ft-lb

2) Strut rod bolt - 41 ft-lb

3) Lower shock bolt - 118 ft-lb (ugh!)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

A word of caution if you are replacing the front upper strut mounts, neither the Moog K9559 nor the Monroe 902024 fit. The bolt pattern is about 1cm too small in each direction. These are listed as fits for 2005 Outback XTs on http://www.autopartswarehouse.com and http://www.amazon.com.

The KYB SM5214 rear upper mounts do fit. The KYB SB101 rear boot kit and the KYB SB103 front boot kit both fit but are a little different than the stock boots.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived