LegacyGT.com

Hyundai Sonata 3.3 pics

This is not KDM model...this is North American market 3.3 model (you can see the orange blinker) although i dont see this model as a competition to Subaru Legacy, I think there will be a serious competition between Sonata, Accord, Camry and even Altima. Sonata will have 3.3 engine that pumps out 230 horses and feature Active Geometry Control Suspension which uses two electric actuators on the control arms to change rear toe-in under hard cornering. I really like this Hyundai. If i dont save up enough money for Legacy, I think I will probably go with this model....(am i sounding a bit like a hyundai salesman?)

1101640648.jpg.853b55e313b81118b54f32e719fb843b.jpg

o_20041128195839_9T3CW.jpg.40fc5be73b2958318407dd10d6c55ddd.jpg

o_20041128195843_XUB16.jpg.4832d5029811304787a03321e193cfb2.jpg

[quote name='liquidiq']Does your "GM" statement include the C6 Corvette? :)[/QUOTE] Those ARE getting better. But the history and nostalgia of the Corvette are not as interesting to me as that of the Trans Am. I've never been a Vette person, and I never will be. GM cannot expect its darling little flagship two-seater to mend their sinking ship.

[quote name='Whitestar Pilot']My, my, with the exception of GM, cars in general are improving by great leaps.[/QUOTE] I suggest you go look at GM vehicles again. They are in fact improving. The Sonata, what is it improving over the current gen? I don't know much about the Hyundai cars.

For Hyundai: Sonata is being built at new US plant. New 2.4L and 3.3L engine. Revised/new (not sure) 5-speed automatic. It is 2 inches longer, 2 inches taller and about a half-inch wider than the old Sonata. side seat and side curtain airbags; four-wheel antilock brakes; a tilt and telescoping steering wheel Notable options include electronic stability control, park distance control, automatic climate control, 17-inch wheels and an MP3-capable premium audio system. Compare that to GM. New Buick LaCrosse is based on the old 90s chassis. Still 4-speed automatic. Still 1960s era 3.8L pushrod motor standard. Side airbags optional. Yes, the engine and automatic may be fine, but it isn't really improved from prior cars. Compare that to the changes for the Sonata. -B

Archived