LegacyGT.com

Coilovers/Suspension mods for Outback?

Random

First off, I have to say, this is a good forum. Been lurking here for 2-3 weeks, and finally decided to join. I'm torn between buying a GT LTD Wagon or the Outback wagon. :confused: I'm giving up on the hard core off roading stuff so my current Range Rover is sorta overkill. I still plan on doing gravel/poorly maintained desert and mountain roads/fire roads. My current Range Rover DOES handle very well for a vehicle of it's size/weight. I ditched the rubbery air springs in favor of 2" Lift coil springs. It added ground clearance and firmed up suspension, and nearly eliminated the body roll in corners. The limited ground clearance of the GT LTD has me worried that I'll be doing damage to the undercarrage on some of the desert roads I visit. My worries about the OB is lack of aftermarket support for suspension upgrades (swaybars, links, coilovers/springs/struts/shocks). All the suspension mods I've seen for the Legacy involve LOWERING. Are there any out there for the L/OB that keep the stock ride height but firm it up? I've seem some reviews for Coilovers (Legacy only, not OB) but they only commented on the LOWERING ability, not the ability to raise or maintain stock ride height. Ideally, I'd like to drop the L/OB an inch or so for daily driving, then raise it an inch or two for Off Roading. Can any outback owners comment? Can any GT/LTD owners comment? BTW, I put this in the suspension forum cuz it's more of a suspension related question, I KNOW I'm going to buy one of them, just not sure which one.

The Outback and Legacy are so new that suspension stuff is just comming oout now as with all the other mods. Most companies are saying that they will have something for the new legacy line in early 2005 (not too long a wait). Just give it some time and I'm sure they will be something. I'm looking for the same thing.

I cannot say much towards springs/dampers at this point, though I remember that Swift is promising something in terms of springs. As for firming up the ride, there is the Japanese OEM rear stabilizer bar - we are still working out the details on fitment for a group buy on that. It is 19mm vs. 15mm on the US spec vehicle. <AVO pimpage>AVO has gotten some longer adjustable endlinks done for the Outback </AVO pimpage> I am curious towards the specs of the front bar on the USDM Outback - in case there is a difference in sizes there as well. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

Archived