LegacyGT.com

Found my favorite cereal!!!!!

Brady

Back in 1995, I won a scholarship from Honeywell to spend a summer abroad with Youth for Understanding (YFU). I was still further blessed by drawing a family living atop the mountain pass above Davos, Switzerland (for anyone who's been there, the north side, above the lake).

For anyone else who's lived in another country, you know that it seems there are a couple little things that you get attached to that you just don't get at home. For me, it was a particular brand of Muesli (basically cereal). I've never been much of a breakfast eater, but I enjoyed having a bowl of my favorite Muesli on a nearly daily basis.

So recently I was shopping and thought I'd at least try something that might be similar. So I ended up trying Mueslix and found it to be ok. Then on Sunday night I was at the store and saw some actual Swiss cereals and spotted a bag that looked familiar. The brand name sounded right, the picture looked about right, so I figured I'd shell out an extra $1.50 to give this one a try.

As soon as I poured it into my bowl this morning, I knew I hit the Jackpot! It's the exact same stuff. 12 years has finally brought me back to my cereal!

:dm::munch:

Just give me good old Golden Graham cereal man........

There are a few healthier cereals out there but suck in the taste department.

As far as "Hot" cereals go..............http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/tamparacing/smiles/puke.gif

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Just wait till he gets to CO :lol:

Three steps ahead of you. I think I'm going to see if they can get me a case. I'll be home at Christmas. Or maybe I can get mom to buy a case for Christmas.

i was like that when i was in GA the last twon months. but it was about lack of sam adams in the restaruants

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

i was like that when i was in GA the last twon months. but it was about lack of sam adams in the restaruants

That's a problem!

What about other fine craft beers? Surely there were suitable alternatives. Sometimes lack of standard "local" beers is a blessing while travelling. I certainly enjoy entertaining the flavors of local craft brews all up and down the left coast! :D

Guest heightsgtltd
Dude, this is tied to world travel and living abroad. Quit being an ignorant American! :p:hide:

God if I am an ignorant American, I'd hate to see what all the rest of you are like :lol:

and the tie to world travel and living abroad is tenuous at best, I was referring to your deep level of focus on breakfast cereals as why you need a hobby :lol:

I was in Lithuania for 1.5 wks back in '02 on biz and having just come out of college, found their "home" brew, Svytury's, pretty good. Actually, it was the only beer I'd drink over there....everything else was stuff I didn't like (Beck's, Heiny) or was local equivalents of Natty Light or Ol' Milwaukee.

Besides, we were warned by US Marines stationed over there when we got into town. That helped out greatly.

I think they started importing that into the US not too long ago.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

God if I am an ignorant American, I'd hate to see what all the rest of you are like :lol:

and the tie to world travel and living abroad is tenuous at best, I was referring to your deep level of focus on breakfast cereals as why you need a hobby :lol:

Not cereals ... one brand. Singular.

This is like finding a rare beer. It's about the only breakfast cereal I've ever cared for. I hate breakfast usually.

:lol:

This is the stuff:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QA3PAR87L._SS500_.jpg

And it looks like Amazon has me covered!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Familia-Crunch-Strawberries-Rasberries-12-Ounce/dp/B000PDK23C]Amazon.com: Familia Swiss Crunch, Muesli with Strawberries and Rasberries, 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 10): Grocery[/ame]

• 2 months later...

:lol:

The 10th bag didn't fit on the shelf, so I left it on the counter. I love the stuff, but I hardly ever get up early enough for breakfast, so I usually just have a bowl on the weekends. That stuff should last me quite a while!

Archived