LegacyGT.com

Any potential warranty work to do before 3year/36k miles?

My Outback XT 5EAT Ltd turns 3yo (28k miles) at the end of this coming week. Aside from the first oil change at ~1k miles, the car has never been back to a dealer, and I've done all of the maintenance myself.

Are there any common problems I should get checked out before the 3/36 general warranty ends? I realize the drivetrain is 5 years, though immediately after the 3 year is up, I'll be installing Megan Racing coilovers and finally installing a Cobb AP, and if I'm going to take it in, I'd rather do so completely stock.

I was under the impression that was only needed on the M/T cars.

Checking TheL7 site and TSB's, it at least looks like I should get my remote fob plastic replaced (newer design to prevent accidental presses, has always been an agravation) and the plastic tab on the cargo cover replaced (broke off first month I had it).

The clutch is covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty. Some dealers may not tell you this...well...because they would pocket $1,560. Call up SoA or goto another dealer. Mine (and many others) were replaced under warranty at no cost.

are you sure about that clutch? I was just at the dealer a couple of days ago and they gave me an estimate of $1,560 + tax for a new clutch :(
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

• 1 month later...
The clutch is covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty. Some dealers may not tell you this...well...because they would pocket $1,560. Call up SoA or goto another dealer. Mine (and many others) were replaced under warranty at no cost.

My dealer told me if its under 14K miles its covered. At the time I believe I had 17K...scam or not:confused:

i'm in the same boat... bought my car a year ago with 15k miles used and now i'm closing in on the 36k mark quickly (~800 miles). have them check over your power steering pump and possibly a compression check. i don't know what has happened to my vehicle or if its just me having issues but i've had my power steering pump replaced twice, the fan relays shorted out completely (2.5i auto). but i am not really rough on my car, but i do drive spiritedly (suprisingly the indash deal reads a full 2.3 mpg avg higher than the first 15k miles the car had on it, so it must have been beat to shit before hand) but i keep it well maintained.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived