LegacyGT.com

Hopefully getting a 2005 Legacy GT Limited...

absolutsnwbrdr

I'm going to look at one tomorrow after work- 2005 Silver Legacy GT Limited, black leather int. The dealer is an a little more than an hour from where I live so I need to make the trip worth it. Are there any 'minor' problems common to the LGT, that the dealer may 'forget to inform' me about? Just wondering if there is anything small to look for that may help me get a better deal?

This is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. There have been some turbo failures, not a lot but enough, most of these seem to be '05's. In fact I don't remember seeing anyone on the board with '06 with a turbo failure. This might be due to that on average '05's will have more miles than '06's. But '06's have been on the market for 2+ years now and there are certainly '06's that have more miles than '05 with failed turbos. So I'm not sure if '05's higher frequency of turbo failure can be attributed to age. To my knowledge no one has identified any design difference that would cause the '05's turbos to fail more often than '06's. The bottom line is that if I'm looking to get an used LGT I would be looking at '06's instead of '05's. Again, just my 0.02.

Thanks for the input! Unfortunately, as I was leaving for the dealer (an hour and half drive), the guy from the dealership called and said that it had been sold earlier that day. So I ended up not going :( I still have 2 more to look at, but they are private sellers- one in NJ, and one in VA. So this weekend may be busy for me. If you can think of any more tips, thanks!

Archived