LegacyGT.com

Fast and Loose in the Rain!

Any lingering doubts I had about my car (sqeaky seat and, uhh... well that's it ) were completely forgotten about yesterday. Central OH had a full day off and on drizzle, which along with the stock tires and a heavy foot made for the most fun driving I've had in a long time :D The conditions made for a forgiving, relatively low speed, slide happy classroom. This car, as mentioned many times before, tends toward understeer, but will rotate the tail slightly if you get the car started turning, then accelerate hard out of the turn. And boy, that's where the fun was! WOOT! I'm old and getting older, and that day in my average hands had me grinning like an 18 year old in my dad's '78 Alfa Romeo Veloce :D . I'm not normally one to hyperventillate, but I had to share ;) .

Yeah, I've had some fun in the rain too. Sometimes I was actually driving!!! LOL! But seriously, I found a downside to our frameless windows. If you ever have to lower your windows while it's raining, you're probably going to have a wet left leg (some of you may have already shared this experience). Time for the rain guards!
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

[quote name='Mr. CentralOhioSubarus']I had some fun in the rain too. :) Join us at [url="http://www.centralohiosubarus.com/"]www.centralohiosubarus.com[/url] :)[/QUOTE] I'll take a look - have to revive my Yahoo account first...

[quote name='Unilat']Any lingering doubts I had about my car (sqeaky seat and, uhh... well that's it ) were completely forgotten about yesterday. Central OH had a full day off and on drizzle, which along with the stock tires and a heavy foot made for the most fun driving I've had in a long time :D The conditions made for a forgiving, relatively low speed, slide happy classroom. This car, as mentioned many times before, tends toward understeer, but will rotate the tail slightly if you get the car started turning, then accelerate hard out of the turn. And boy, that's where the fun was! WOOT! I'm old and getting older, and that day in my average hands had me grinning like an 18 year old in my dad's '78 Alfa Romeo Veloce :D . I'm not normally one to hyperventillate, but I had to share ;) .[/QUOTE] Well, I wish I could be as enthusiastic. I drove in the same conditions the other night in Western PA. On the interstate with no traffic around, I decided to test out hard braking in the wet conditions (have to be prepared for those wandering deer). From 72mph, hit the brakes (not that hard - ABS did NOT engage), and the car veers left. Did the same thing several more times - sometimes the car stayed straight, but sometimes the car veered left. It was NOT confidence inspiring. The car is going in next week for STS install and I will have alignment checked. But, as much as I hate to waste good rubber, I may swap tires (especially if these RE-92s do as poorly in the snow as some have reported - though they did fine in the snow on my WRX). Upgraded brakes may be in the future too

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

[quote name='red beast']i've been playing with the sport shift on my auto. [/QUOTE] I really started enjoying mine too in the last few weeks, to the point where I been mostly driving in that mode. Drive is great though for when you get the idiot doing 20mph and continuely hitting their brakes in front of you and you can't pass them. - Mike

Archived