LegacyGT.com

Coilovers Winters \ Longevity

deeslk

In general what kind of mileage would you expect to get from a set of coilovers from makers such as TEIN and BC for example. This is with just street use only but through the winters. I am think about going with TEIN - Comfort Sport or BC Racing - BR series. Thanks

08GT.jpg.8cd4f94a029f191eb69c3df39f194fa9.jpg

In general what kind of mileage would you expect to get from a set of coilovers from makers such as TEIN and BC for example. This is with just street use only but through the winters. I am think about going with TEIN - Comfort Sport or BC Racing - BR series. Thanks

If you are concerned with longevity over salted winter roads, I would suggest the KW V2's. They are one of the very few coilovers on the market to have stainless steel bodies which will resist corrosion and the adjuster rings freezing up vastly better than any painted/coated coilover regardless of brand. Of course, the KW's are also one of the best riding and performing coilovers available for our cars as well! Here is a link to some of the inclement weather durability testing results: http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/20_Technology/20_Salt_Spray_Test/index.php

I have the Megan Racing coilovers, what can I do to protect them from salt in the winter?

Just rinse them off when you wash your car and give them a spritz of WD40 or similar lube. There are specialty rust preventing sprays on the market, but just keeping them clean-ish and an occasional lube spray should be more than enough.

Archived