LegacyGT.com

For those with a Perrin 2 piece DP.

I Cant Drive 55

I recently installed the 2 piece Perrin 48 state legal catted downpipe ( 1 cat per piece for a total of 2) This thing was unbeliveable, flanges were incredibly warped, wrong gasket included when shipped & did not properly align to the factory exhaust hanger location so I had to fabricate a new hanger w/ an extension. The entire process was pretty ridiculous geting the downpipe to install correctly but everything fits well now & the performance is real nice. I would say beware w/ Perrin parts. After this issue & the sway bar fitment issue I would think twice about purchasing from them again. Good luck.

Good ole Perrin fitment :lol: I also cannot imagine why anyone would waste $700+ to put 2 cats back in their car :huh: Even though the cats are 48 state legal, it is still against the law to run them. You cannot legally replace cats with non OEM replacement while the car is still under the manufacturers extended emissions warranty (typically 80,000-100,000 miles). So if you are going to be illegal, then you might as well run something that will substantially help the performance of the car.

Another issue with Perrin fitment, I am not surprised one bit. That sucks you paid so much money for that two piece dp and you still had to do some fab to get it on. I will not buy perrin parts again after my expereiences with them, not impressed with fitment.

The autospeed has a really nice sound. Not ricey at all, sounds almost european like. On the highway, you can barely notice it. When you open it up, it sounds sweet. Fitment can be an issue but that seems to be the case with all of them. To be honest, this was the only after market mod that I had someone else (Mufflers Unlimited) do for me as a CBE can be one of those things that takes you 2 hours or 2 days to complete.

I also had to get some fab work done. I have SP2 CBE the second flange on the perring had to be cut halfway, bent downward, and welded back together for a "perfect" fit. Yes Perrin blue print sucks, but the performance with the cat's is pretty impressive.

I called Perrin prior to making these fabs letting them know I was doing this, and that they needed to readdress their fabrication. They did gurantee the warranty even though I had to cut the DP and also PDX was doing the work. I agree with Boostjunkie, why would someone pay $700 to put two cats on their car? Well when you get a hell of a deal on a new part...it's hard to say no...that is the ONLY reason I went with Perrin, even though I had a Used Cobb one piece catted in my garage that I sold. and still saved $$$.

OH $hit, my wife just drove off in my car to get food, and she hammered it...hope it's still in one piece gotta go....

Well the reason why I got the Perrin was because it was 3"' date=' and the Autospeed was 3". I can't return the Perrin stuff... Someone else will be doing the install though. I'm getting worried now. How the hell can a company remain in business if everything they make doesn't fit?[/quote']

Well in defense of Perrin and other aftermarket exhaust manufactuerers... I have tried to fit AVO, Perrin, and Cobb and ALL of them had fitment issues. Subaru doesn't make it easy to outfit their cars with aftermarket components. Perrin does have some quality parts. However they specialize in a "niche" market. Therefore, they will always be in business as long as retailers keep ordering their parts. All in all, I would not be too worried about your purchase. As long as you are getting the install done by someone you trust then you are okay. Maybe you will have a simple modification here, or there, but you should be okay in the long run. I am very happy with my DP.

Good ole Perrin fitment :lol: I also cannot imagine why anyone would waste $700+ to put 2 cats back in their car :huh: Even though the cats are 48 state legal, it is still against the law to run them. You cannot legally replace cats with non OEM replacement while the car is still under the manufacturers extended emissions warranty (typically 80,000-100,000 miles). So if you are going to be illegal, then you might as well run something that will substantially help the performance of the car.

Yeah, I have to agree with you here Boost.

That said, my Perrin 1 piece DP fits fine...with a stock mid-pipe anyway.

Archived