LegacyGT.com

MP3's with OEM head unit?

racerdave

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='turboliberty']Price of the VDC stereo deck is currently $692.43, originally priced three months ago at $1,192.91. Part number is 86201AG63A. It already comes with the face plate attached. As for any one else requesting the removal instructions I have only sent Bemani his copies and just checking if this is what he needed. I can just resend the same e-mail to you if you PM me with your addy.[/quote] $700, that's not TOO bad, considering that the JDM faceplate is already around $300. Dont' know how good that VDC stereo is, but not TOO bad a price considering the other option. Since I bought from Santa Cruz Subaru, they give me 10% off on parts too. turboliberty, thanks for the pages. I sent you another email. I guess the next question is whether the separate auto A/C control unit is the same for the VDC and the Legacy. If it is different, that might be trouble. I can't think of a reason why Subaru would need to design 2 separate control modules for essentially the same car, but that's something to check. Having separate control unit not on the face plate might actually mean that you can display F on the JDM faceplate though :)

having been searching through some websites just now, and found out that B4 seems to be the only one that doesnt have: 1. MP3 CD player 2. Nav 3. HIDs 4. fold down back seats when comparing to it's competitors from 20K~30K! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Dimil, The whole center heating vent will pull out in one piece, you have two connectors to reach in and unplug half way through the job, but... Best way is to remove the gearbox surround, start by pinging up the edge nearest the center console. That gives you access to two screws that hold in the 2 aluminium looking strips of plastic on either side of the gear shift. Then just pull the two strips out towards you. Then just the 6/8 screws holding the whole climate/stereo panel to remove it in one, I think there are 3 connectors to then unplug.

Archived