LegacyGT.com

Upgrading stock 05 stereo

05transporter

can you downgrade your auto and have it switched to the manual setup???

i bought a manual radio to try this...dont think it will work. the manual climate control is rod driven, one from each knob. there are connectors like you have to your door locks and door handle just like older manual climate controls if you have messed before. the auto radio is fully electric with another plug that goes to the heater control unit. dont think you can mesh the two.

it sucks the LGT is like that.. Im sure it was possible to split the radio and the HAVC controls..

the lgt cant be split out based on the pictures from mvigneau aux input install. the radio is one solid board. the manual radio is two units.

the lgt cant be split out based on the pictures from mvigneau aux input install. the radio is one solid board. the manual radio is two units.

I know that I'm talking about Panasonic who man the whole thing.. No real reason why they all had to be one piece.

I actually prefer the electronic HVAC controls to the mechanical rotary knobs. I also think most single DIN units look too gaudy.

Nothing that a cleansweep can't solve :)

Yeah but from what I hear it's a lot of work? It makes my Alpine and my XM direct unit useless...

The cleansweep a lot of work? Not really.. when wirign up your amps just do the cleansweep at the same time.. not much harder than wiring a crossover in between the amp and speakers.

Why would it make your other stuff useless? It runs through the headunit, right?

Because I have my XM unit I want to connect.. as seen in this picture.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9564/dsc5427wq2.jpg

Oh, I thought you had the factory XM option.

The CS has an aux in, best bet would be to get a portable XM unit and hook it up that way...

I have a RoadyXT before I just broke down and got the Alpine 9856 and the XM so I could do a clean install.

I know that I'm talking about Panasonic who man the whole thing.. No real reason why they all had to be one piece.

I agree, there seems to made a lot of things on this car that are very difficult to change or upgrade!

i bought a manual radio to try this...dont think it will work. the manual climate control is rod driven, one from each knob. there are connectors like you have to your door locks and door handle just like older manual climate controls if you have messed before. the auto radio is fully electric with another plug that goes to the heater control unit. dont think you can mesh the two.

Have to correct myself...i found the manual radio and it only has one rod that connects to the back of it, not two as i stated above. still cant swap though.

Archived